SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone educate me on this feature and whether or not it is possible that it could still be active on my 2002 S60 2.4 AWD?

It is my understanding that this was a feature on 2001 models primarily, but was also active on some early 2002 models. Is this true?

I recently had what I thought was a full software update, including updates related to the TCM. After doing some reading on the stop/neutral feature, I called my Volvo dealer (who I trust as far as I can spit) to confirm whether or not this feature was disabled as part of my software update. The answer was "no" but they're going to have a tech call me back.

I want to make sure I understand this issue so I can ask the right questions. For what it's worth, I seem to have some of the symptoms that are often mentioned related to this feature: a delay in the transmission engaging when shifting to D or R from a stop, and clunking at low very low speeds when decelerating/stopping from higher speeds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
02 turbo never had shift neutral function
Well, if that's the case, my Volvo dealer is lying to me. They called me back after speaking with their lead tech, and he says it's likely active on my car. I've had the complimentary TCM software updates done, but they stated that disabling the stop/neutral function wouldn't have been part of this. They want ~$200 "parts" and labor to do the update.

Am I being lied to?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm pretty sure that some 02's had the feature. Mid production year they changed the software.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the insight, everyone.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I can fully trust my local Volvo dealer. Ugh. It's why they don't touch my car unless they have to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts