SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15.5 S60 RD that is two months old (1600 miles), and twice now I have received this "stop light malfunction" error message at engine start. Once it was pouring down rain, and the error appeared after starting the car. I pressed the brake pedal and it went away, and there wasn't a notification anymore. I attributed it to a random error, then it happened again this afternoon when I started it under normal conditions. Again, pressed the brake pedal and it went away. My question is, should this be a concern, or just a sensor malfunctioning? I would like to avoid the dealer if possible, as we have a huge language barrier and charades aren't easy when it comes to car trouble. Just seeing if anyone else has had this message before. :)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Have you checked your brake lights to see if they are all working?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
When it's intermittent like this, it's usually become of a loose connection somewhere.

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
Bulb issue or bulb loose. I get this from time to time on my V70R.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get the same error on my 2017 XC60. I changed the bulb and that one is working, but now I still get the error each time the start/stop system is activated... Very frustrating, I tried to permanently turn start/stop off but that's also not possible.. Anyone any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I get the same error on my 2017 XC60. I changed the bulb and that one is working, but now I still get the error each time the start/stop system is activated... Very frustrating, I tried to permanently turn start/stop off but that's also not possible.. Anyone any thoughts?
Is it possible the other brake light went out? Did you replace the bulb with the same type/number? If you used a bulb with lower wattage or installed an LED bulb(without the CAN bus feature) you could trigger the warning. Being a 2017 it might just be a malfunction. My brake lights are still original, 7 years and counting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts