SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so im planning on getting the Viva FMIC next fall but i was wondering if my OEM one was worth cleaning for the time being. Ive had some oil in the charge pipe (small amount). Ive got 95K on it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to clean it.....

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
It would have to come all the way Off - there is a Special Red Nozzle from Sea Foam Guys to go around and Inside
to Spray and clean it out - can is like $12.00 bucks .

I don't think You'd gain much maybe - 150 Btu's of Faster Heat Transfer = Not Much .
Unless Your Turbo was Leaking and pumping out . Light Costing is Normal .

My coating was : Lightly & fine oily dust . ( Sparse )

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Word. Cheers guys

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
you will laugh when you pull the stocker out and compare it to the aftermarket one...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
since IPD no longer makes one for the s40 I guess VIVA is my only option. Does this involve moving or draining the AC condensor? Or any cutting of the bumper?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Nope. It's just a take off and swap

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
since IPD no longer makes one for the s40 I guess VIVA is my only option. Does this involve moving or draining the AC condensor? Or any cutting of the bumper?
you may want to reach out to Bell Intercoolers. they used to make direct replacement for our P1's.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I say Kyle make another batch of them treadstone ones

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
That was the S60R IIRC, not the S40. Does Elevate still exist, and make FMICs? I had one of those, and had zero complaints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts