SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the flow rate (lph) on the stock fuel pump?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
bump

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I saw that the pump is good up to 450-500 HP. Couldn't find any info on flow rate though.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bro, who cares bro, just throw a Walbro in it, it's easy, bro!
There's so many variations of the pump. What's a direct Walbro that will fit without crazy modifications? That's the question.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
wow, that's a lot of "bro" for 1 post lol

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
05 R doesn't like the Dr. Haha... so he's makin fun of him by sayin its easy...cuz thats what the Dr. usually says...but most of the time Dr. isn't bein fully serious and 05 R looks into too much with too much seriousness...

But you could probably put 2 stock pumps together (glue?) Then you're good for 1000hp :p

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
What's the flow rate (lph) on the stock fuel pump?
255LPH on all Volvos

I think the car only pulls about 235LPH peak with 12 volts. Plenty for most people here.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
main pump: 135l/h (380kPa and 13V, 8A)
2nd pump in left half tank: 100l/h

(other S60's have 125l/h)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, those two are conflicting. It's definitely not 135 lph lol my 4 cylinder S40 has a 150 lph on it stock, and a 12T turbo w/420cc injectors

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
S60R is NO S40 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It can give more but 135l/h is the least it pumps to keep railpressure.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
main pump: 135l/h (380kPa and 13V, 8A)
2nd pump in left half tank: 100l/h

(other S60's have 125l/h)
That's what I thought when I said this:

255LPH on all Volvos

I think the car only pulls about 235LPH peak with 12 volts. Plenty for most people here.
All pumps in Volvo's are a 255LPH pump to my understanding. The miss understanding from the LPH post of 135/100lph is that the pumps are regulated by the FPM in the trunk, near the spare tire. The pumps deliver LPH by how much amps they receive. At max input, the pump will deliver 255LPH. At 8A, the pump will only deliver 135LPH... and at 4A, the pump will deliver 100LPH. Combined total is 235LPH. The same pump is in a lot of Volvos and the LPH demand is regulated by the FPM Amps. I would think if you pulled out another mechanic book and looked up, lets say a S40, it would say 150LPH 13V @ 9A.

It's been a while since I switched over to a Walbro... about 5-6 years. I believe at the time I tried my best to research it because I couldn't get an answer here. I started with R_rated's car and talked to Josh at the time about what he used I believe the number to look for after the 255LPH hour is a out diameter size... but if you research 255LPH Fuel Pump for a Volvo S60 or just a plain old Volvo on Google or even volvospeed or one of those other sites, you'll pull much better results to your question.

Also, I would think if you installed a lower rated fuel pump and not a 255LPH... let's say a 190LPH @ 13V... and your FPM sent a 4 or 8 Amps to one side or whatever the current demands, that it would fall short.

I'm working at a Hospital this week in Honolulu, so I'm not on the forum as much, but I'll check back later. I'm interested in what you find.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The Walbro 255 LPH pump is usually a basic install. When I was searching for Walbro for my BMW, I only came across 2 versions and the only difference was the install components that came with it. In my BMW, I just wrapped the Walbro with a piece of rubber as it was slightly smaller than stock, soldered the 2 wires and clamped the fuel lines and was done. Same process in my old Silvia only I used zipties to mount it to the stock location.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts