SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded the 2nd wagon with this software and am now convinced that it is VERY GOOD.
Both wagons (99R and 00XC) are now noticeably quicker, smoother with MUCH better throttle response http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif so if yours has a stock ECU I say go for it, NOW

·
Registered
2019 S60 Pine Gray, M. Brown, Lin. Lime
2,946 Posts
Re: Stock 99's an 2000's new ETM software (JRL)

Yeah, I had my 99 S70AWD done and I couldn't believe it. I actually asked if they did something else to the car I wasn't aware of !

The only other work they did was a routine oil change. It's got to be either good software or some kind of SUPER OIL.

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Stock 99's an 2000's new ETM software (ljjones)

Quote, originally posted by ljjones »
Yeah, I had my 99 S70AWD done and I couldn't believe it. I actually asked if they did something else to the car I wasn't aware of !

The only other work they did was a routine oil change. It's got to be either good software or some kind of SUPER OIL.

Which is why that 99R was the fastest of the three I had last month including a 2000! (that one hadn't had the software done)

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (polizei)

Quote, originally posted by polizei »
is this aftermarket software? or a volvo update?
Factory recall for all 99 thru 01 turbos.
This is to help the car's ETM live longer but the side result is the cars really DO run much better

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: (JRL)

What are the ramifications if you have a ECU upgrade (SpeedTuning)?

I'm tempted to have this done, as I want the replaced ETB to last longer, but feel it might be a step down in performance.

regards,
MAJ

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (digital_dreamer)

Quote, originally posted by digital_dreamer »
What are the ramifications if you have a ECU upgrade (SpeedTuning)?

I'm tempted to have this done, as I want the replaced ETB to last longer, but feel it might be a step down in performance.

regards,
MAJ
What did I say, your programming will be wiped out and you're going to lose 25 or so hp.
The cars run great but until the tuners have a program (No one does yet) that flashes over this, I would wait

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (polizei)

Quote, originally posted by polizei »
what is the recall called so i know what to tell the dealer?
It will be done automatically if you bring it to a dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.