SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2006 silver automatic S60R that I am currently buying from my dad. I was just wondering what kind of times people were getting out of these. I went to the track this past weekend and was pleasantly suprised with a 14.1 @ 101. This was on ~85 degree day in Michigan so it was humid too! (I saw a post on here before about track times and someone posted a time without a slip and people didnt believe him, I have the slip but its at my house and I'm at university for summer classes so I can put it up later but not now thanks!) I was expecting it to be a little slower being so hot and an automatic. I think it may go high 13s on a cool day! Wondering what you guys thought the car responded best to as far as simple upgrades (ie. custom tune etc.)
Thanks,
Matt

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
That is pretty average.
There were a couple of people to pull a 13.6 / 13.7 with really good launches.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The guy we didnt believe was talking about a 12.4 run, and didn't seem to have any knowledge about the car let alone any proof of this.

14.1 aint bad for an auto. I think 13.6 was the best confirmed stock time. Some must have broken into the 12's with mods.

Unfortunately the thread with the official times is locked because of the 12.4 claim and the ensuing madness. Needs, we need ya.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Re: stock 1/4 mile times (mittley)

Quote, originally posted by mittley »
I went to the track this past weekend and was pleasantly suprised with a 14.1 @ 101.

Hey Matt, out of curiousity, did you manually shift through the gears or did you just leave it in 'D' and floor it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: stock 1/4 mile times (jclough)

thanks for all the responses I realize that it wasnt blazing fast I was just surprised it being an auot.....

imageomega,
ya I realized that my time wasnt unbelievable I just didnt want it to get out of hand like the other thread so it seemed safer to say that lol......

jclough,
I tried everything lol.....I started off with advanced mode on the suspension which as you all know puts the transmission in sport, I tried this with both manual shifting and automatic the times only varied by about a tenth surprisingly the best time was in full auto. I also tried comfort for a bit more weight transfer (not that it really needed it I was trying anything I could think of, It did run a 14.2 at 100.? in comfort. For the whole day with trying all the possible combinations the slowest the car went was a 14.3 @ 99 (That was running back to back for 3 runs with no cooldown).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.