SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back, by popular demand, is our semi-annual opportunity to buy a Volvo VIP extended warranty at great savings!

Here are the important points to remember:

* Your Volvo must be no more within 2 months or 2,500 miles of its original factory warranty expiration point. In other words, if your new Volvo has less than 2 months OR more than 47,500 miles on its odometer, we cannot extend your warranty.

* If your car is 15-months old or has more than 15,000 miles on its odometer, a physical inspection of the car must be performed by Stillman Volvo. The cost is minimal but please keep in mind we are located about 20 miles SE of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

* You must direct all warranty inquiries to our Financial Services Manager, not to me. His name is Jonathan Stillman and his e-mail address is:
[email protected]

* Please do not ask for multiple quotes; such as "give me 4 different terms with four different deductibles each"...That only delays the reply time for everyone else and we are also doing this to HELP people get a warranty at a great price. Ask for two terms (max) and/or two different deductibles (your choices are: $0, $50, $100 and $200). Last time we did this, the response was overwhelming (which was OK) but I had to calculate a zillion different types of scenarios.

* The ABSOLUET DEADLINE for this offer expires at 8:00pm EST, WednesdayMarch 22, 2006.

* When you submit a quote request please have the follwoing pieces of info ready: model year of your car, model name, original date of purchase and current mileage

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact ME or Jon.

Yannis

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (GrecianVolvo)

If possible, how could a person overseas take advantage of this warranty? There are many people in England/Germany that may be interested, but what are thier options?

Are there any similar warranties for folks in the US military to take advantage of?

Thanks for any and all information.

Kevin

·
Registered
807 Posts

Does this warrenty work just like the normal Volvo one (i.e. you just take it to the dealer), or do you have to fill out paperwork and get reimbursed?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (e1618978)

Quote, originally posted by e1618978 »
Does this warrenty work just like the normal Volvo one (i.e. you just take it to the dealer), or do you have to fill out paperwork and get reimbursed?

It IS a Volvo warranty. Good at any Volvo retailer in the U.S.

Yannis

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »
* Please do not ask for multiple quotes; such as "give me 4 different terms with four different deductibles each"...That only delays the reply time for everyone else and we are also doing this to HELP people get a warranty at a great price. Ask for two terms (max) and/or two different deductibles (your choices are: $0, $50, $100 and $200). Last time we did this, the response was overwhelming (which was OK) but I had to calculate a zillion different types of scenarios.

By hand? Surely you have a spreadsheet with the variables and formulae broken out to simplify and automate the calculations? This isn't 1970 anymore. One should be able to ask you for a quote per minute. How many customer-driven variables do you have? Seems you should be able to put the spreadsheet online and let customers tweak their own variables and automatically get quotes, without ever talking to you.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

About the inspection: what option do we have if we are accross the country and over 12000 miles (I'm at 28000)?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (doru)

Yannis-

i can't get your warranty b/c I live too far away, but I have thought about getting one from my local dealer. Is there a lot of variation in pricing - I wonder if I should shop around for quotes - or if pricing/deals are similar dealer to dealer.

Also, on a car like mine, with numerous EVOLVE mods - what in your unbiased opinion will most volvo dealers do? will they warranty all other factory partsw - of is the extended warranty a waste of money, b/c if an when my motor or tranny break -t hey will just say "the mods cuased it - therefore no coverage"??

i'm interested in an extended warranty - but i figure it would only help for small ticket items or items not realted tomods...like if my stereo goes out, or if my sunroof breaks..etc....stuff not related to mods.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (23109VC)

As for living far away, that is not a problem. The warranties are NATIONAL.
good anywhere in the US.
As for your mods, who knows, again a dealer to dealer issue

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (doru)

Quote, originally posted by doru »
About the inspection: what option do we have if we are accross the country and over 12000 miles (I'm at 28000)?

One option would be to drive across the country and come over for an inspection. Hardly cost effective!

The other, would be to contact your local retailer and work with them.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (atlterp)

Quote, originally posted by atlterp »
I live in ATL, do you have anyone in this area that can inspect my car. I'm very intrested in getting the warr.

Cannot get the warranty from one retailer while another does the inspection. Both will have to be done at the same retailer. I am sorry.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
Yannis-

i can't get your warranty b/c I live too far away, but I have thought about getting one from my local dealer. Is there a lot of variation in pricing - I wonder if I should shop around for quotes - or if pricing/deals are similar dealer to dealer.

Since you are on the other side of the country, your only option is to go local.

I cannot speak or your local guys as far as their pricing.

Quote »
Also, on a car like mine, with numerous EVOLVE mods - what in your unbiased opinion will most volvo dealers do? will they warranty all other factory partsw - of is the extended warranty a waste of money, b/c if an when my motor or tranny break -t hey will just say "the mods cuased it - therefore no coverage"??

Again, as JRL pointed above, that will depend on the retailer. Personally, I think this "policy" from Volvo is totally off the wall. But again, who the heck am I?

Yannis

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »
* If your car has more than 12,000 miles on its odometer, a physical inspection of the car must be performed by Stillman Volvo.

Yanis...according to Jon, it's 15,000 miles...not 12,000.

-Eric

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »

-Eric

Yeah, see? I am totally clueless!

Yannis

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »

-Eric

Is that regardless of time since the "in service" date that began the original warranty? I took delivery in May 2004 (22 months) but only have 13,000 miles so far.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

Is that regardless of time since the "in service" date that began the original warranty? I took delivery in May 2004 (22 months) but only have 13,000 miles so far.

15 months or 15,000 miles.

Yannis

·
Registered
227 Posts
Gee, Yannis:
I tried to get a quote by the email you suggested, and only got back an answer saying I would have to bring the cars down for an inspection (I am looking at three R warranties, one for each car). I provided the vin numbers, the models and dates of delivery, the mileage...but no response except that maybe I wouldn't want to drive to Philly.
Maybe I would, if the price is right. My family is only a couple of hours away. How do I get a Price???????
Maybe a phone number or what?
Thanks
Regards,
Rich

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

Can you throw one quote out as an example? I just want to compare...I have a friend that sells warranties and he will give it to me at his cost. I've compared another car that I own and his quote was about $1000 less.

Also, is the warranty an exclusionary warranty?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (rmolk)

Quote, originally posted by rmolk »
Gee, Yannis:
I tried to get a quote by the email you suggested, and only got back an answer saying I would have to bring the cars down for an inspection (I am looking at three R warranties, one for each car). I provided the vin numbers, the models and dates of delivery, the mileage...but no response except that maybe I wouldn't want to drive to Philly.
Maybe I would, if the price is right. My family is only a couple of hours away. How do I get a Price???????
Maybe a phone number or what?
Thanks
Regards,
Rich

Rich,

I was told that you will be receiving a quote. He has been FLOODED with requests. Plus, he has his regular job to do. Just be patient, please.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Stillman Semi-Annual VIP Extended Warranty Offer! (pie_ya)

Quote, originally posted by pie_ya »
Can you throw one quote out as an example? I just want to compare...I have a friend that sells warranties and he will give it to me at his cost. I've compared another car that I own and his quote was about $1000 less.

Also, is the warranty an exclusionary warranty?

If your friend will give you the warranty at his cost, then you got a great deal! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Yannis

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.