SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through numerous posts here and elsewhere and am still puzzled about a 2013-2014 map update. It appears that the only legitimate source of the discs is a Volvo dealer so I contacted two. Both were uncertain and had to research it before returning my call. One dealer says it is part 31438677, costs $55.76, and there are no other associated costs. The other dealer says it costs $260 plus tax for a three-disc set and a PIN. Is either dealer correct? The discrepancy between the dealers doesn't inspire confidence. Thanks.

Registered
I visited support.volvocars.com and searched navigation and what I found is that MY12-14 is updated using a "map box" with DVD-discs. There is mention of a pin here too.

However I'm not sure I'd pay $260 for newer maps. I paid a guy on a swedish forum a bit under $40 for him to mail me a disc of, err, let's say questionable origin with 2014 maps. Or if you want the original solution: I only have the map for Scandinavia or Europe, can't remember. Look up if you need all the discs or if you'd be fine off with just one of them. That'd explain the price difference too I guess.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wouldn't consider updating except that some major toll/expressway roads where I live aren't on the original maps so every time I use the nav I end up using my iPhone at the same time because I can't trust the car. I could mount the iPhone on the dash but I like the convenience of the built-in system. $280 is a tough pill to swallow though.

It depends on if your 2012 has Sensus or not. I'm imaging it does have Sensus. If that's the case, I believe it takes the cheaper disc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.