SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with my dealer today praying it was at the dealership or at least on the way! After two weeks at port for mud flaps and a defective hood latch, now I'm hearing that there might be a mechanical problem. My dealer has been calling and calling to hurry along the process but with no avail! He also stated that the mechanical problem was no probably no big deal and would be sure they let me know what it was. Has anyone else had this situation occur at port?

2016 XC90 Inscription Crystal White - Convenience/Vision Package 21" 8-spoke wheels Black Headliner Mud Flaps

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine sat in Baltimore for 14 days exactly before it was shipped later on the 15th day. It also sat in Gothenburg for 4 weeks prior to shipping awaiting parts for the airbag recall. I know it is no fun waiting, but once you have it, you kind of forget all that and enjoy it. Also, don't believe all the negative stuff you see on here. I am not saying it doesn't ever happen. Those folks have some good reasons to be miserable, but the vast majority of us are just loving the XC90! Hopefully yours gets shipped in the next day or so.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same here, sat at Port for 17 days and by the way it showed up with a bunch of options I did not order. I am very happy with my car but the whole ordering experience with Volvo gets a C-. The dealer worked with me and gave me some money off the price.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies on regards to my inquiry! I don't let the negativity bother my final decision to purchase this fantastic vehicle. Being a first time Volvo purchaser has just been a little frustrating to say the least but I know I made the right decision. Thanks again for your comments and I'm thrilled that both of you got more than you bargained for! Enjoy your new rides!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Same here, sat at Port for 17 days and by the way it showed up with a bunch of options I did not order. I am very happy with my car but the whole ordering experience with Volvo gets a C-. The dealer worked with me and gave me some money off the price.
Glad to hear you are happy with the car. If you do don't mind, what were the extra options?

Thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
In terms of wait time from date of order to date of arrival... What has been the average?
The Dealership originally ordered a car for me several months back but then when it arrived it was the incorrect white and it did not have the adaptive suspension. Another order was placed and they told me February '16 but told me today it may be more like around Christmas/New Year's however the vehicle has not even gone into production yet.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My car was supposed to arrive at port tomorrow. it arrived last Saturday I believe and is now in my dealers yard. I live in the Middle East and the dealer installs all accessories in the yard.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out what the latest hold up is on my vehicle, a flex ray module! My salesman said it has something to do with running the car play and other stuff but had nothing to do with the mechanical or safety. They said the module wasn't performing the way it should've been so they changed it out. It looks like it will be shipping Monday from port to our dealer, they said they would expedite it. Anyone heard of flex ray module being replaced?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts