SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stiff clutch pedal & oil leak

After driving the car very hard, I find that the clutch pedal becomes MUCH stiffer than usual. It gradually gets better after 5 minutes or so normal driving.

Also, I find it does the same thing if left in cruise-control for a long motorway run e.g., when I come to a slip-road, I change down a gear and notice its stiffer than normal.

Normal driving is fine...

Any ideas?

P.S. it's a 03 S60R with 84k on the clock. Angle gear was replaced about 10k miles ago. Also, not sure if it's related, but I've got an oil leak from where the gearbox meets the angle gear. Volvo had it in for a service last week, cleaned it up a little and said monitor the leak. Couple of drips on the driveway today, so it's still there. They said it wasn't the RMS...

I'll try to post up a pic of the oil leak - could it possibly be related?

Modified by afzalmj at 11:43 AM 7-4-2009

Modified by afzalmj at 11:45 AM 7-4-2009

Modified by afzalmj at 11:49 AM 7-4-2009

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Re: Stiff clutch pedal after hard driving (afzalmj)

Same thing happens on my 01T5, but it is only the first time I press the pedal after a long highway cruise, works fine after that so I never really bothered worrying about it much

·
Registered
80 Posts
didnt know they made 03 S60R's.

simple solution to a stiff clutch is to not use it. when i do spirited driving i left foot brake.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (bdcardinal)

Quote, originally posted by bdcardinal »
didnt know they made 03 S60R's.

Simple solution to a stiff clutch is to not use it. When I do spirited driving I left foot brake.

You also should capitalize your "I"s and the first word of a sentence

I did it for you

These cars came out in May 03.
In some European countries cars are registered by the YEAR they are registered, not the MODEL year of the car

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: Stiff clutch pedal & oil leak (afzalmj)

my 6 speed t5 looked like this. then one morning i got the low brake fluid mesage as the slave cyl is leaking. im waiting for a clutch/ slave cyl now.

·
Registered
17,007 Posts
Re: Stiff clutch pedal & oil leak (alpine45)

this is what leaks in the center ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.