Focus e mount

When I first got the car

Then had custom eyelids made and installed

Sanded and painted the stock grille gloss black

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
First performance mod was the samco inlet, not a huge difference in any performance but a nice turbo sound on the stock intake. then I got the injen pipe and throttle response was increased.

I was running the stock cbv on a elevate tuned with turbo back exhaust.. after the install boost was much steadier especially at high rpm. very good affordable mod.

Black wax really works well!! I first started with the injen intake, samco pipe and the elevate stage 2 tune. I flashed it one morning before work and made a huge difference from before, I was really surprised but didnt want to run it too long on the stock exhaust.

I ordered the turbo back exhaust and tune all at once, and once I got the stock catback cut off I installed the elevate catback. I reloaded the tune back on and it felt really nice.

about a week later I finally got the time to get the downpipe on and this really opened up the tune.
This car reminded me of the fun my Vw use to have, and it changed the car completely for the better.

My most recent mod was the intercooler, I was getting heat soak and bad performance when it was 75 degrees and above. after the intercooler install the power delivery is much smoother.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Does anyone know how to get that elevate hood where the air goes to the intake?
Those were custom fender notches (one of which functioned as an air intake, and the other as a vent for heat escape). A good body shop should be able to mimic their design, but be prepared to buy new fenders if they muck it up.

EDIT* Unless you're talking about the S60 style hood vents (or AJ's style vents), but those will have to be custom made as well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my seat has a click to it when i lean right on it, can be annoying sometimes when its quiet

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
That's likely play in the WHIPS portion of the seat. There are nylon bushings that wear out allowing metal on metal contact which will make noise. The corrective action is to install felt between the two sections. It's a PIA to do and I hated doing it lol.

I like the list compiled so far. Hope the project goes swimmingly and ur happy with ur results. If ARD pulls through on this we are all saved in the P1 community.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah im sticking to the stock color it matches my car.

I have a small rattle and I think i found the location, its on the rear driver side door and im pretty sure its the tweeter speaker on the door near the handle. when i hold it in the rattle stops... how do I fix a rattle like this? it only happens when i have the bass up, I never fixed a rattle before I never owned a subi

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
nah im sticking to the stock color it matches my car.

I have a small rattle and I think i found the location, its on the rear driver side door and im pretty sure its the tweeter speaker on the door near the handle. when i hold it in the rattle stops... how do I fix a rattle like this? it only happens when i have the bass up, I never fixed a rattle before I never owned a subi
Could simply be a loose mounting screw...
If it's the speaker membrane you'll have to change the speaker.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I held the piece around the speaker and it stopped, how do you get this piece off? also I noticed my door lock on the same door is lower then the rest when unlocked

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also, Im not sure on this but doesnt the new c30 r come with a nav touchscreen in place of the cd changer we have? is it possible to swap this part out?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
not to take this build thread off track but it seems that you are concentrating on non-hp items. maybe a change in subject title?
400 whp things will be rattling all over the jawn....

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
That clicking noise is common on the C30 too. My garage puts some lubricant on the WHIPS system and there aren't any issues. Had it done the last 3,5 years after the click appeared first. Totally quiet since then :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will try that. This is an overall rebuild for the entire car. I want to update my interior too and fix the things I need to as well.

This is a slower build but I hope to finish at my goal. If the tune falls through it will be the k16 upgrade

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What suspension setup do you guys suggest with this power?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
What suspension setup do you guys suggest with this power?
Everything?

What I am doing is going peice by piece to figure what I need. For instance, on a recent touge run, I found that the car was scary when shifting directions, so I am going to be looking to a sway bar. I also found a decent amount of tire squeal, so depending on how the sway bar goes, I will be looking to upgrade my contact patch (wheels/tires). If the suspension is still too rolly, well either springs or shocks depending on the exact curcumstances. And so on.

Everyone drives differently, so do what makes the car drive better for you specifically. The last car I had, was modded to the teeth suspension wise (springs, koni yellows, multiple chassis braces, steering brace, sway bars, poly bushings, strut braces). The car handled very very well, but I had to learn the car and it was a difficult car to control (once traction was lost, it was gone). I would have prefered to find the problems based on my driving and do mods a required and fit, instead of just doing what everyone else said was great.

The car also became much more fun when I bruoght the suspension back to stock. Was it slower in the turns? Probably. However the margin for error was so much bigger stock than the modded margin, I could chuck the car into turns and really have a better time.

TL;DR Learn the car stock and mod as needed from there. Ask about specific remedies, not super general ones.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
which mods can I do w.o getting a tune, my idea was to run the stock boost with exhaust, fmic, elevate manifold. So i wont have to keep getting a new tune.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
which mods can I do w.o getting a tune, my idea was to run the stock boost with exhaust, fmic, elevate manifold. So i wont have to keep getting a new tune.
Everything. You just won't get the benefits until you tune.

Are you sure you're ready to build your own high hp car?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I already built a 2.0 8v jetta pushing 270whp stock block. I just asking because I hear of the car having some issues when adding a dp without a tune.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
maybe you are referring to possible CEL? get spacer(s).

1 - 20 of 281 Posts