SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few people on here have this tune.

OmarNycR and myself are interested.

This tune seems to be a word of mouth tune since I don't see it online.

Just wondering if I should be looking out for anything regarding this tune?

Any ups or downs?

Thanks for looking.

Matt

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I know a few people on here have this tune.

OmarNycR and myself are interested.

This tune seems to be a word of mouth tune since I don't see it online.

Just wondering if I should be looking out for anything regarding this tune?

Any ups or downs?

Thanks for looking.

Matt
I have his tune and was great we did a lot of road tuning on my car. But he is slow with response and I have not been able to get a hold of him for over a year. I bought him a upgraded bps to figure out of his car so he could tune mine with one. He sold his car I guess and I never heard back. Would of kept using him so now where I am at with my build I will need to throw all that money away I gave Steve and pay Hilton to re tune my car with new setup. Pains me to have to write this because when it worked he did a great job on my car. Thanks Steve for leaving me high and dry.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Travis....I think we have both been around to say a few things about tunes and specialty parts. We both have invested in some not so good ventures and I still continue to do so BUT. I think we have to agree that a brick and Mortar will give you a bit more stability but not as aggressive or custom tuned of a product. I know there are VERY few 06 as tuned and modded with a stock bottom end.

What I have learned the hard way

1 If you want to go wild with the R build it that way. If you chase 400+ HP on a stock block it will cost but it will break

2 Build where its a one stop. The very best tunes and custom service come from some key shops. If just installing basic bolt on your local shop might help. But for major modes needing past stage 2.5 IMO you need a TEAM. I found a few of these and with a truly good shop , tuner, time , and MONEY you can get good results. I have found a few of these combination in a few cities.

Portland ....ARD, IPD
Access to some amazing fabrication and dyno shops, Just across the river from ETS and English Racing .I was able to leave the VR at ARD for race prep and we got great result as well as data to get the car more dialed in for the up coming race

Boulder , Denver
Boulder more so for Swedish Motors since they are close to JZW, who can do an amazing stock up to Stage 2.5, and with time beyond that. The crew at Swedish Motors are , just one of my favorite stops. Wish they were closer but will work to get Pikes Peak on the race sched.

New England, Connor , And Of Course Ben and Nick
Both have good shops to work with and the direct working with SteveO, and Hilton

Might be some other but above stage 2.5 it get hard . Unlike almost every other major make which has dealers Volvo ME7 + is amazingly closed. But it keeps crazy hp Volvo crashes out of the news

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have his tune and was great we did a lot of road tuning on my car. But he is slow with response and I have not been able to get a hold of him for over a year. I bought him a upgraded bps to figure out of his car so he could tune mine with one. He sold his car I guess and I never heard back. Would of kept using him so now where I am at with my build I will need to throw all that money away I gave Steve and pay Hilton to re tune my car with new setup. Pains me to have to write this because when it worked he did a great job on my car. Thanks Steve for leaving me high and dry.
Travis....I think we have both been around to say a few things about tunes and specialty parts. We both have invested in some not so good ventures and I still continue to do so BUT. I think we have to agree that a brick and Mortar will give you a bit more stability but not as aggressive or custom tuned of a product. I know there are VERY few 06 as tuned and modded with a stock bottom end.

What I have learned the hard way

1 If you want to go wild with the R build it that way. If you chase 400+ HP on a stock block it will cost but it will break

2 Build where its a one stop. The very best tunes and custom service come from some key shops. If just installing basic bolt on your local shop might help. But for major modes needing past stage 2.5 IMO you need a TEAM. I found a few of these and with a truly good shop , tuner, time , and MONEY you can get good results. I have found a few of these combination in a few cities.

Portland ....ARD, IPD
Access to some amazing fabrication and dyno shops, Just across the river from ETS and English Racing .I was able to leave the VR at ARD for race prep and we got great result as well as data to get the car more dialed in for the up coming race

Boulder , Denver
Boulder more so for Swedish Motors since they are close to JZW, who can do an amazing stock up to Stage 2.5, and with time beyond that. The crew at Swedish Motors are , just one of my favorite stops. Wish they were closer but will work to get Pikes Peak on the race sched.

New England, Connor , And Of Course Ben and Nick
Both have good shops to work with and the direct working with SteveO, and Hilton

Might be some other but above stage 2.5 it get hard . Unlike almost every other major make which has dealers Volvo ME7 + is amazingly closed. But it keeps crazy hp Volvo crashes out of the news
Thank you both for the quick responses. I really just want a stage 2 tune that gets me 350hp at the crank and hits 18-19 lbs of boost consistently.

I drive 400 miles a week back and forth from work and the R just hit 130k a week ago so, I'm not looking for a stage 3 or anything.

Should I try to find somebody else because I have heard good things about SteveO as well.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant go wrong with Hilton either
I wanted to get a Hilton tune originally but, I can't drive up for him to tune it. Atleast that's what he told me in an email.

This guy SteveO Ben told me, that I can come on a Saturday morning to get the R tuned. Which is perfect especially with my schedule.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Matt is asking for all of those that have had experience with Stevo (his tunes..), in so many words, detail if the experience went well or not.
Exactly, Thank you Omar.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well, Stevo only lives 15 minutes from me which makes it easy to get some time with him. He just changed jobs and has a lot on his shoulders so just be patient.

He's a brilliant tuner and I don't know anybody else who understands cars quite like he does. I've learned a lot from him and he's a good friend. Stevo is the only one I trust to tune my car.

If anyone has trouble reaching him, send me a pm and I'll get the ball rolling. My apologies for past and present issues.

Travis, do you want me to talk to Stevo for you? It's a shame you haven't been able to reach him and I apologize for that. He uses your car as a benchmark for other cars that I set up for him to tune and he has always been fond of your S60R. I hope you'll give him a second chance.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
It can be tough to find a weekend where both of us are available, but he has my car dialed in pretty well. I'll have him tune my S70 if I decide to turn it up.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well to answer my own thread, I am very pleased. Saturday I got my R tuned by Steveo.

Steveo spent atleast an hour data logging my R just to make sure my tune was just right.

He even swapped out my stock TCV for a newer one since the boost was fluttering a bit on his tuned ECU.

After he flashed my ECU, it was a night and day difference. The car just wants to keep going.

It was a pleasure meeting both Ben and Steveo. Now since the R is tuned I can't stop driving the car.

If anyone has thoughts on tuning your R this is the way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts