SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HU-803
It was working 2 weeks ago when I put my car in the shop and disconnected the battery. Today I started it up and the stereo doesn't have the CD player as a source. It will accept and eject CDs but only has FM/AM. Nothing lectronic was messed with while I was working on it.. any ideas? Ya know, besides putting in the 850..

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you disconnect battery you should first disconnect negative side then , positive side .

When you want to connect again connect positive then negative side .

If you do in other way you will get some problems .

Disconnect for 5 minutes and connect back after 5 min with the same order mentioned above

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
These radios are bizarre.
I have an 04 AWD I'm selling.
I get in it the other day and the radio LED display is scrolling so fast you wouldn't believe it and it would not stop no matter what I tried.
So i bought a used radio.

The next day, (yesterday) I got in it to move it and the display is normal *(&#$^*&#$%#*....go figure!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've read every stereo related post I could find, these do seem to be very finicky devices. I disconnected the battery again for a while and reconnected with the key turned and I could hear the CD changer moving around and what not. I think its got to be a software issue I just don't get how anything would have changed or gotten cleared just from having the battery disconnected . If that is the case, I guess the dealership will be emptying out my wallet for a couple minutes of computer work.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Jeez, and I was worked up about a twitchy iPod (that is the iPod, not the stereo... LOL) in my 04... I think I'll shut up or better yet tell it what a wonderful girl she is...

I know Vida/Dice shows an AUM on it, but I didn't see anything it could really access... is there a software "part" that has to be ordered for the 04's to access?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts