SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! Just a quick note to announce our Official Swedespeed Sponsorship effective immediately. After many years of avid support, we felt it was the perfect time to sponsor the amazing community of Volvo drivers at Swedespeed.

For those of you who have previously done business with our dealership, some for vehicle sales and service, but mostly those who have purchased Volvo VIP Protection plans, we thank you for your support and are extremely glad to help support your Volvo ownership.

For those unfamiliar with our dealership, here’s a little background - we’re a family-owned and operated Volvo dealership located in Pawtucket, RI. We have a very long tradition of auto sales, as we’ve been in business since 1934. To read our entire story, click here: https://www.steingold.com/history-of-steingold-volvo-cars.htm - it’s a quick read, and very interesting!

For those who are local to RI (or even those who aren’t) and are interested in vehicle sales or service, feel free to visit us or send us a note - we’ll be happy to help. And of course, mention that you’re a Swedespeed forum member to get the member discounts!

For those interested in purchasing our infamous VIP Protection plans for your newly purchased or existing vehicle, visit the link here for direct access to our VIP Online Store: https://vip.steingold.com/ (Use SWEDESPEED for a $200.00 discount off any order!)

Due to high volume VIP penetration nationwide, you’ll be pleased with the lowest pricing nationwide - and of course, we only offer the Volvo-branded VIP Plans, which are valid at all Volvo retailers in the US. And be sure to use the SWEDESPEED promo code that has now been enhanced to $200.00 off any order placed online - and be sure to choose a Free Gift!

The site above is very self explanatory on which vehicles are eligible, but read below to make things even simpler as we’ve created TWO (2) separate online VIP Portals. See below links:

Use https://vip.steingold.com/ for the below:

VIP Extended Warranty Service Contracts (1,000 Miles or Less)

VIP "Certified by Volvo" Warranty Upgrade Service Contracts

VIP Prepaid Maintenance Plans (40,000 Miles or Less)

VIP Tire & Wheel Protection Bundle Plans (All Model Years Vehicles)

VIP Appearance Protection Plans (All Model Years Vehicles)

VIP Wear Protection Service Contracts (10,000 Miles or Less)

The link below is a newly created VIP Portal through Darwin Automotive - although New vehicles with 1,000 miles or less are a bit easier to quote pricing for, pre-owned vehicles are a bit more complicated. This tool now enables customers to get VIP Warranty quotes 100% online, and in real time. It even creates the actual contract and will process the coverage immediately - even email you the signed and completed contract!

For those who have more than 1,000 miles on their vehicle, or are possibly thinking of purchasing a vehicle and need a VIP quote, this portal is for you. And no worries about needing to enter a promo code at checkout here - the discounts have been applied in the backend, so the pricing you see online is our BEST price.

Use https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/Home/Dealer/77cc91da-597e-4eba-8468-77ee099fef93 for the below:

VIP Extended Warranty Service Contracts (1,000 Miles or More)

VIP Prepaid Maintenance Plans (40,000 Miles or More)

Apologies for the long-winded thread, but we just wanted to get our offerings across to the community as clearly as possible all at once - but of course, if any questions, send us a private message! We look forward to hearing from you all, and thank you for your loyalty and support!

Michael Bernardo
Director of Marketing
Steingold Volvo Cars
401-723-4700
[email protected]
https://www.steingold.com/

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,081 Posts
Welcome to Swedespeed, Steingold Volvo! Good to see some official Steingold presence and support. :beer:

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
Michael!,

I and all of the moderators are very happy you are official now. ;)

:partywave:

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great question - we recently updated the SWEDESPEED coupon code to 15% off all parts at https://volvoparts.steingold.com - and of course, Free Shipping for virtually all orders over $100.00. We also drop-ship all orders direct from the Volvo Corporate warehouses, so most orders are received with overnight or 1-2 day expedited shipping. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is there a difference in the VIP Extended Warranty Service Contracts for cars with less than 1000 miles vs for cars with more than 1000 miles?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great question - we recently updated the SWEDESPEED coupon code to 15% off all parts at https://volvoparts.steingold.com - and of course, Free Shipping for virtually all orders over $100.00. We also drop-ship all orders direct from the Volvo Corporate warehouses, so most orders are received with overnight or 1-2 day expedited shipping. Hope this helps!

Or do you match pricing from other volvo dealers?

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Or do you match pricing from other volvo dealers?
Our 15% discount is the max available, especially since we overnight ship most orders. Expedited shipping is preferred in most cases, especially for vehicles undergoing current repairs, however, if you want to place a specific order, just send me a private message and I can try to help!

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a difference in the VIP Extended Warranty Service Contracts for cars with less than 1000 miles vs for cars with more than 1000 miles?
The plans are the same, however, after 1,000 miles, the options change, and of course, pricing increases quickly. I’ve created https://vip.steingold.com/ to handle VIP Plans for new vehicles as the options are a bit more streamlined, but after 1,000 miles, they get VERY specific and difficult to predict. The Darwin VIP Portal will help present the top VIP Extended Warranty options, specifically based on your driving habits from the interview questions, of course, at the lowest pricing available. Again, the plans are the same, but the pricing and options will vary due to vehicle age/mileage. When purchasing a VIP Plan, the earlier the better, as options seem to disappear quickly with pricing increasing fast. If any specific questions, send us a private message and I can help!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Our 15% discount is the max available, especially since we overnight ship most orders. Expedited shipping is preferred in most cases, especially for vehicles undergoing current repairs, however, if you want to place a specific order, just send me a private message and I can try to help!
Thanks very much for answering my questions. Seems very fair. And I will be ordering some parts from you very soon.

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent, I’ll keep an eye out for the order. I handle all online orders personally, and from the hundreds of our previous buyers online, it’s a general consensus that expedited shipping, receiving the perfect part, and constant communication is always preferred versus savings a few bucks and dealing with a headache. Glad to help, and if you need anything else, don’t hesitate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mike,

You and I chatted about three months ago when I purchased my Polestar XC90 (Pole star was spelled wrong in the listing) from a Mass dealership. You were very helpful and told me to get the car and I wouldn't find a better deal. I couldn't be happier with the vehicle.

Can you talk about buying a VIP Warranty Plan while a Volvo still has its manufacturer's warranty?
For example, my XC90 warranty expires in one year, so what's the advantage of buying the warranty NOW and having a double warranty until the manufacturer's warranty expires?

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike,

You and I chatted about three months ago when I purchased my Polestar XC90 (Pole star was spelled wrong in the listing) from a Mass dealership. You were very helpful and told me to get the car and I wouldn't find a better deal. I couldn't be happier with the vehicle.

Can you talk about buying a VIP Warranty Plan while a Volvo still has its manufacturer's warranty?
For example, my XC90 warranty expires in one year, so what's the advantage of buying the warranty NOW and having a double warranty until the manufacturer's warranty expires?
This is a question I get often. Actually, the most common question for sure. The reason is actually quite simple. What we’re dealing with is a simple algorithm that the warranty administration uses. As vehicles age (from in-service date) and mileage accrues on the odometer, the options seem to disappear, with pricing always increasing. For example, if a vehicle has 20k miles, it may be eligible for 6 years of coverage (from today) and 100,000 miles in addition to the odometer. Totaling 120,000 miles. Let’s just say this plan will be $3,500 for conversation purposes. If that customer chooses to wait a year or two to purchase a VIP Warranty (which he/she totally can) the 6/100k option will FOR SURE no longer be available. The options left will be a 4 year or 3 year plan (most likely at 12,000 miles per year (48,000 miles)) and this plan may be $4,500.

Any way customers try to reason, they will always pay MORE for less coverage as the vehicle ages and accrues more mileage. It’s pretty simple; an older vehicle will call for a higher price because the factory warranty is that much closer to expiration, and the “odds” of something going wrong are greater.

In my thousands of written plans, the customer who purchased early virtually ALWAYS see more coverage at a lower price. Hence, the reason our plans on https://vip.steingold.com are valid for 1,000 miles or less. Take my advice on this one. The earlier the better. Phew!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Would extended warranty from you work on Canadian Volvos or it's for US only?

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would extended warranty from you work on Canadian Volvos or it's for US only?
The plans are valid for US vehicles only, but can be used for claim purposes in Canada if traveling.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Mike,

I had some questions about the maintenance plan. The wear and tear plan says it will replace 1 set of front and rear pad and rotors. Does that mean you have to replace both at the same time or does it replace the front or rear when they actually need to be replaced?

Also, I was getting a quote for extended warranty and wanted to confirm that the 6 year / 72,000 will be starting from today's date and my current mileage. So my car will be under warranty until 2025 and 72,000+my current mileage.

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Mike,

I had some questions about the maintenance plan. The wear and tear plan says it will replace 1 set of front and rear pad and rotors. Does that mean you have to replace both at the same time or does it replace the front or rear when they actually need to be replaced?

Also, I was getting a quote for extended warranty and wanted to confirm that the 6 year / 72,000 will be starting from today's date and my current mileage. So my car will be under warranty until 2025 and 72,000+my current mileage.
Great questions - you’ll be able to replace the brake pads and rotors when necessary. If the fronts or rears wear at different times, they’ll only claim what is necessary at that moment, so no worries at all.

And you’re reading the VIP Warranty correctly. The years begin TODAY, (until 2025), and the mileage will be ADDED to your current odometer. You nailed it.

Glad to help, and I’ll keep an eye out for your order!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello @SteingoldVolvoCars, just a quick clarification before I pull the trigger on a VIP extended warranty for my upcoming OSD XC60:

I'm planning to get the 10 years / 100,000 miles Gold Coverage Plan. Let's say that, for unforeseen reasons, I sell the car prior to the expiration of the standard warranty which comes with the car from the factory, and decide not to transfer the coverage to the new owner. Am I correct that I can cancel the extended warranty coverage and get 100% of the money I paid for the plan? If not, what are my options for cancelling it, and how much money back would I get?

Thank you!

Geoff

·
Vendor
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Geoff,

Great question. The pro-ration is based on both time and mileage that has passed by, but to clarify fully, the pro-ration calculation will begin on the purchase date of the VIP warranty. You will not get 100% of the warranty returned if cancelled as the price you paid was drastically less expensive since the vehicle is brand new. I will attest, however, that the pro-rations seem to be very generous to the customer, and most make out very well. Hard to tell exactly what your return will be as it depends on mileage and exact cancellation dates. To help you in your decision, purchasing early is always the best scenario, especially since the 10 year option will get deleted and no longer be available after 1,000 miles.

Hope this helps clear it up for you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts