SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got stock pirelli P-zero's 18 inch all around, recently I've noticed vibrations during hwy driving. Looking at the thread it's still good, my question is this: Do I need re-balance? or those P-Zeros tend to warp or bubbled after 15k miles and need to be changed?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: steering wheel shake durign high speed (minorthr)

You would know if it was a bubble in the sidewall. You can plainly see those things. You situation is quite simple. Take it to a GOOD local tire shop. Tell them the situation, go for test drive. VIOLA, they should know right away what it is.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: steering wheel shake durign high speed (Mash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Mash</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> You would know if it was a bubble in the sidewall. You can plainly see those things. You situation is quite simple. Take it to a GOOD local tire shop. Tell them the situation, go for test drive. VIOLA, they should know right away what it is.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I checked the wall, there are no bubbles....<p>Is there a possibility that bubble can be formed on the thread itself? that happened one time on my other car and you can't really tell unless you unmount the tire.<p>thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: steering wheel shake durign high speed (stevectsai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>stevectsai</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got stock pirelli P-zero's 18 inch all around, recently I've noticed vibrations during hwy driving. Looking at the thread it's still good, my question is this: Do I need re-balance? or those P-Zeros tend to warp or bubbled after 15k miles and need to be changed?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I've heard of P Zeros developing bubbles in the sidewalls w/ low miles on them. But like some of the other members noted, you'd be able to see a bubble. Be sure to check the rims because the 18" rims are notorious for damage because of the low sidewall of the tires.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: steering wheel shake durign high speed (stevectsai)

chances are, you have a rim that is slightly bent, or the tires just need to be re-balanced.<br>

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: steering wheel shake durign high speed (VolvoMax)

Yes, much more likely that a wheel weight fell off...they are the stick on kind after all and if they are not properly installed, they CAN fall off. Not that common. <p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts