SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my 05 s60 2.5t and was wondering someone could point me closer in the right direction. Lost my blinkers, wiper speed, cruise control, most everything on the swm. This happened after driving the car with the headlights removed for a couple weeks. Hazards work fine.

I have checked all the fuses, put a new battery in because it was 7 years old anyways, tried leaving the battery unplugged to reset the programming and doing the lock unlock sequence I read online. When Unplugging the green connector on the back of the swm the wipers start up no stopping but when plugged in no speed control. I do not have a dice but my buddy plugged in a decent scan tool and I have an error code ecm-930b and the SAS (steering wheel angle sensor module) cannot be viewed. NO CHECK ENGINE OR ABS LIGHTS. Is this a fault of a swm, the mother board thing the levers connect to, a blown fuse I have not found, a faulty headlight bulb or wiring harness, or an ecm because there is no blinker relay? I plan to go to a junk yard to pick a part to fix it but it but I'm not sure any of it will fix it. What's even more confusing if the problem is the swm, how can no lights be thrown for abs if the SAS or clockspring is not available? I pulled the SWM and just visually inspecting it, it does not look like anything is fried or corroded. Before that I tried unplugging the headlights because that was the last thing I did to it and seeing if it exhibited any different symptoms and it seems the same so any help would be appreciated. My biggest concern is something was messed up with the headlights and fried the ecm.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hmmm, that IS strange. I might still be tempted to replace the steering angle sensor as a first step.

Also I would recommend taking both stalks off an cleaning circuitry on harness connector with some circuit cleaner and maybe try replacing with some know good ones.

In my view coincidences are few when it comes to troubleshooting stuff but for the life of me I can’t see how running without headlight would have messed this stuff up.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
306 Posts
Is the steering wheel module offline? If so unplug it or pull the fuse for it, and reconnect it and see if it will reconnect with the CAN system. It wouldn't surprise me if it needed a SAS too, but since the SAS plugs into the SWM Id suggest starting with the SWM first.

Does your volume control through the steering wheel buttons work? Cruise? etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts