SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im replacing the steering rack on my moms 04' V70 and I ordered a cheap rebuilt rack on ebay. When it arrived however I noticed it would not work because it has smooth ports for the PS lines and mine was threaded. Other then that it was completely identical. I started looking for another rack and am starting to realize that Volvo used several different manufacturers for the Steering Racks. I have not been able to figure out a pattern as to which models used which racks. It seems completely random. So far I think Ive narrowed it down to 3 different manufacturers.. ZF, SMI & Koyo. Can someone help me understand the difference between these racks? Is it possible to use a Koyo rack instead of a ZF rack? My rack's part number says P8682468, however the dealer tells me I should have a 36050357 rack. When I google 36050357 I found a rack that says its a Koyo rack, however mine has the ZF stamp on it.. Im utterly confused on this whole thing. Can someone give me some clarification on which racks are compatible? I don't want to have to buy and return 5 different racks before I get the right one!

Thanks in advanced!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts