SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is only lowered 1.4" in the front and the steering rack started making popping noises at right full lock. Anyone else had similar issues? If so how did the dealer feel about fixing steering on a lowered car?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: Steering noises (ThriveonT5)

kinda almost the same problem here. Did you get an alignment after you got it lowered. I think that might be the problem, actually going to get mine done this weekend. If that does not fix it there also might be some other thoughts I have that could ease your worries and if others have input and slam on my little knowledge on cars please do so, we are all here to learn.<p>First: I tried putting more air into the tires which kinda made things a little better. <p>Second: I am going to wait to see if the problem goes away after the springs settle. Almost there (I was told after 500 miles they should be good, kinda seems like its gone away) <p>Third: I asked sanatarium and he said it might be a problem with the sway bar end links, idk but hopefully not. <p>Fourth: It might be rubbing as a result of the tires size and being out of alignment. ?????<p>Last: The people who installed the springs totally f'd up and didn't torque everything down right, or messed up the mounting point of the assembly. Which I hope they took the time to do the right job because where i took it they were working in porsches, ferraris, etc. So I hope for their own sake they did a good job.<p>Thats my train of though. Anyone want to chime in for those like myself who have little knowledge compared to the majority on here..... thanks!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts