SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<B>Steering noise, yoke adjustment</B><p>Item: TNN64-21-2006-05-03<p>Under certain conditions a knocking, thumping, or clicking noise may be heard from the steering. The noise may be heard as a metallic or hydraulic noise.<p>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Steering noise, yoke adjustment--Anyone heard of this Tech Note??? (Colorado XC90 T6)

I had the adjustment done last week on my V8. Made absolutely no difference. <p>2006 V8<br>2004 T6 (lemoned for steering noise and rack breaking loose)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Steering noise, yoke adjustment--Anyone heard of this Tech Note??? (ceguru)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ceguru</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had the adjustment done last week on my V8. Made absolutely no difference. <p>2006 V8<br>2004 T6 (lemoned for steering noise and rack breaking loose) </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Are you still having steering noise?? Is it similar to you last XC90??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Steering noise, yoke adjustment--Anyone heard of this Tech Note??? (Colorado XC90 T6)

Yes, my '06 still has the noise, even after having the dealership perform the Tech Note. It's not exactly the same as in the '04, which seemed to happen when taking low speed turns. In the '06 it is the clunk you get when turning the wheel side to side, particularly when the vehicle is cold (e.g. upon first startup).

·
Registered
699 Posts

I posted the actual tecnote a few days ago in this old thread about the steering noise:<p><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=33709" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=33709</A>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Steering noise, yoke adjustment--Anyone heard of this Tech Note??? (need4spd)

Yes, that's the one they did for me...made no difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts