SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried or heard about this SCL emulator?
I have ordered one because my SCL unit is stuffed and my car will not start (S40 T5 2004.5).

Volvo SCL emulator, cartools
Hi!
Did your car started?
I have a similar situation here V50, 2005 with DTC 6C47 - control unit steering column locking, incorrect signal and 6C53 - Control unit steering column locking, internal fault.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Interesting device. I was sort of scratching my head about the function and purpose with my '09 XC90 in mind. The physical key mechanically unlocks the steering column. Then, I thought of SWMBO's '13 S60 that has no mechanical key and the light bulb (incandescent) went on in my head. The supplier is very thrifty with information about which vehicles it is suitable for, but I notice they also have a Volvo IMMO board, that appears to be suitable for some immobilizer versions? I put Volvo in the search field and got a page of boards for different things, like alarm modules.
Looks like the best thing to do is contact them with specific application questions. It does look to be Nerd-Central with some very innovative electronics wizards.
Definitely bookmarked this one, Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never managed to fix the car! :( went for parts eventually.

The problem with the emulator is that is an insurance policy, once the steering column lock unit gets fried you cannot use the emulator.
it needs to be set up in line with the wiring to read the disable codes to and from the SCL, then you can use it. so if you get no signal then you are screwed.

I still have the emulators -(he sent me two!).
I now have two S40 T5's both good so I will be using them to read the SCL codes and then put them in my glove box just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts