SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The steering angle sensor on my 05 R is bad and I can handle replacing it, but I read beings its a DSTC car it's going to need some VIDA work done after. Is this something I can do with the less than $100 VIDA tools available on eBay? If I am going to spend the money to take it to the dealership to do it and it costs an hour of labor I am thinking I may as well just buy the thing myself.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I swapped the one on my 07 XC70 - which should be the same, and it never asked for any calibration or anything.
It was just plug n play

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You may want to calibrate the SAS after messing with the steering system which you can do with an ebay VIDA/DICE. I would get it anyways, best thing I ever bought for my car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You should 100% invest in a VIDA/DICE setup. Dave Leach will be able to assist you. Username on Swedespeed is TacklaNHL. He's got a wealth of knowledge. Having this hardware/software will absolutely transform the way you look at your Volvo, it should be the first thing you purchase alongside an actual Volvo. Good luck!

·
Registered
371 Posts
You should 100% invest in a VIDA/DICE setup. Dave Leach will be able to assist you. Username on Swedespeed is TacklaNHL. He's got a wealth of knowledge. Having this hardware/software will absolutely transform the way you look at your Volvo, it should be the first thing you purchase alongside an actual Volvo. Good luck!
Completely agree. He helped me so much with the stage 0 and give me hints at tasteful upgrades on my VR. Made the whole ownership experience that much more enjoyable. VIDA is a must with these cars and for the price, you cannot go wrong with his laptop and software to have a dedicated machine for scanning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts