SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago, my radio and factory bluetooth kit decided to go out, no power whatsoever. And it turns out that my iPod connector was wet from the overspray of Lexol, causing it to short out. I dried up the connector, and the problem went away.

Last week, the problem came back, and after hours of replacing fuses and inspecting wires, I gave up and brought it to Park Place Volvo of Dallas on Saturday morning to get it inspected. This morning, the service manager gave me a call, and I was expecting something along the lines of "we need to replace "A" and "B", and it's gonna cost you a semester of your college tuition."

Nope. Instead it was "your car is ready, and it's not gonna cost you a dime. We replaced the CEM (Central Electronics Module) for you, and it's covered under factory warranty for 8 years/80,000 miles, otherwise it would've cost you $1,100 in parts and labor."

Surprise, surprise.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
That's pretty sweet!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice!!! I got my car from one of the lead techs at Park Place. Tim Hayden is who to request if you're having work done there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i was impressed a couple weeks ago when my dealer actually matched IPD's price on spark plugs! its nice to know there are some good ones out there!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
"and it's covered under factory warranty for 8 years/80,000 miles"

um....something smells fishy here. Is there a silent recall I don't know about? What other bits and pieces on our cars have had their warranties extended?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
its in your glove box, with the owners manual?
I've never seen any items extended that long except the cat which is protected under federal emissions warranty and the rust warranty. The CEM is not singled out.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
My local dealership saved me some money by diagnosing an issue before my VIP ran out. The issue wasn't bad enough to cause me trouble so I didn't even realize it at the time. Their parts department are a bunch of crooks though....

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I understood that to mean related to emissions. That is, if something in the CEM or ECM was not maintaining proper emissions they would warranty it, but if your radio isn't working tough luck. That's how the dealer here interprets it. Basically Volvo is saying that all the parts below are covered under a mandatory 2 yr emissions warranty, but Volvo out of the goodness of their heart, are including those parts in the 4yr/50k and even including those 3 parts in an 8 year long term.....but all under the guise of emissions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts