SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on ordering an S60 2.4T AWD and was wandering if the available options are different if ordered for overseas delivery? I.e. foglights, titanium in leui of wood trim, etc?

·
Registered
300 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grumpsy:<BR><B>I am planning on ordering an S60 2.4T AWD and was wandering if the available options are different if ordered for overseas delivery? I.e. foglights, titanium in leui of wood trim, etc?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>When I got my S60 there were more options available with TDS (overseas). Check with George or Yannis or your dealer. Be sure and check out <A HREF="http://new.volvocars.com/overseas/" TARGET=_blank>http://new.volvocars.com/overseas/</A> <P>Good luck.<P>Holy moly. Looks like they're giving <I>two</I> round-trip tickets and the one night hotel stay as part of the purchase price of the car. So take your sweetie!!<p>[This message has been edited by T5 Dave (edited 02-01-2002).]

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I just got this from Volvo. Don't know if it helps you make your decision or not.<P>Purchase any new Volvo via the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program and you can pick it up from any of 12 European destinations, and drive it as part of the unique vacation. Act now, and you'll receive two complimentary, roundtrip flights on Scandinavian Airlines (SAS). <P>But hurry, all flights out of the U.S. must be taken by April 19th, 2002 (return flights can be taken at a later date). And, even if you travel after April 19th, you'll still receive an $800 voucher towards the cost of your airfare. <P>This special offer also includes: <BR>Access to the SAS business lounges in the U.S. <BR>One nights' stay at the Radisson SAS in Gothenburg <BR>Radisson SAS executive breakfast <BR>Plus, you'll enjoy the biggest benefit of all -- 8-10% savings on the U.S. MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) on the Volvo of your choice, so your European vacation will effectively pay for itself. <P>To take advantage of the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program or for more information, visit our website, call 1-800-631-1667 or contact your local Volvo Retailer. <BR>

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is true that you can pick it up at certain European destinations, but the only one where there will be no additional charge is at the factory in Gothenburg. The others still have the $400 - $700 charge.<P>It is a great program.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just discovered your forum. Been looking at getting base S60. Didn't know about OSD until reading your forum. Sorry if following is repeat, but can't find the answer.<P>Local dealer quoting 'X' pricing of invoice+1% for local purchase(maybe!). <P>Anyone had luck of getting a discount off MSRP for Tourist OSD? Do you think my dealer might go for 'X' discount on OSD??? Is 'A' discount better? Sure would sweeten an already good deal!<P><p>[This message has been edited by JDE (edited 02-22-2002).]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JDE:<BR><B>Just discovered your forum. Been looking at getting base S60. Didn't know about OSD until reading your forum. Sorry if following is repeat, but can't find the answer.<P>Local dealer quoting 'X' pricing of invoice+1% for local purchase(maybe!). <P>Anyone had luck of getting a discount off MSRP for Tourist OSD? Do you think my dealer might go for 'X' discount on OSD??? Is 'A' discount better? Sure would sweeten an already good deal!<P>[This message has been edited by JDE (edited 02-22-2002).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>European Delivery prices are already discounted compared to what you would pay buying from stock.<P><BR>Yannis<P><P>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts