SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

start up rough idling

884 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  deerok 
#1 ·
been noticing lately that when i start up my car for the first time..instead of running about 1200 rpm for a bit then settling down i turn it on and the rpms go below 1000 right away and it idles rough . so i have to manually press on the pedal lightly to keep it above 1000 rpm then it bring it down slowly.. any ideas fellas?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Re: start up rough idling (Cjones16)

thanks for the tip...i'll look for it.. i just started my car this afternoon right when i started it the rpms jumped up and down then drop below 1000 and felt like it wanted to stall.... could that be a sensor or something ..no codes thrown let me just say that after the cold start up the car runs fine..

Modified by deerok at 7:57 PM 3-21-2009

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Re: start up rough idling (deerok)

well being i havent received much input ..did a little research and it could be the coolant temp sensor... i'm trying to find out how to test it .. or just change it outright with the thermostat since it's not an expensive part and easy to replace.. if any other ideas please feel free to chime in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.