SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally, but not all the time, the engine gives a single 'clang' or 'knocking' sound when the engine is turning over. I've been telling myseld it's just a start-up quirk since it doesn't happen often and the car runs fine. Since it's infrequent, I can't take to Volvo because I know it won't do it then. But for know or until it worsens, does anyone know about this? S60 AWD, 2002.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RustyR - I too have exactly the same thing. I have tried to shorten the time I turn the engine but then it often cuts out and does not start. Wierd, never understood it.

I am going to keep an eye on it...will be bringing the car into the dealer soon anyways for a few adjustments...lubricating the trunk and the console storage area etc...will ask then but like you said probably won't happen when I'm there...if I do figure something out, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was just going to ask the same question-- I noticed the same thing recently. To me it sounded almost like it was coming from the rear of the car, but when I try to listen for it, it doesn't happen (Murphy's Law, I guess). I only have 2500 miles and I haven't had a chance to go into the dealer since I've noticed the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.