SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last two weeks, I have been seeing various notifications in the sensus which kept going away within 1 or 2 minutes, so scheduled an appointment to get it checked, but right before the appointment, the start/stop service required notification stayed on and service team identified the issue as the accessory battery and changed it under warranty and called me to pick it up. But when I started it, the warning came back which I showed it to them, so they took it in back and said it needs more troubleshooting. After 2 days came back and said Volvo team did remote diagnostics and found the issue and the computer module which controls the batteries might have gone bad and Volvo is sending the new module which will take some time to come in. I didn't like the MB GLC loaner they gave and they also said the issue doesn't impact driving, so I could take my XC90 for the weekend and bring it back this week when I have time as the dealer is just a block away from my work place.

Everything is fine but the dealer told that the notification message will be around until they replace the module and in the weekend, that notification is gone and it didn't come back. Now I doubt the troubleshooting the dealer and Volvo did and thinking if I should let them change the module. Gets me worried when someone wants to change something that looks not broken. Any suggestions on if I should go ahead and get that module changed or wait to see if I get the message back?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Volvo appreciates your continued beta testing with the fail S/S system.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
After 2 days came back and said Volvo team did remote diagnostics and found the issue and the computer module which controls the batteries might have gone bad and Volvo is sending the new module which will take some time to come in. I didn't like the MB GLC loaner they gave and they also said the issue doesn't impact driving, so I could take my XC90 for the weekend and bring it back this week when I have time as the dealer is just a block away from my work place.

Everything is fine but the dealer told that the notification message will be around until they replace the module and in the weekend, that notification is gone and it didn't come back. Now I doubt the troubleshooting the dealer and Volvo did and thinking if I should let them change the module. Gets me worried when someone wants to change something that looks not broken. Any suggestions on if I should go ahead and get that module changed or wait to see if I get the message back?
Aside from the con (preferring your xc90 vs the GLC loaner), if the dealer plans to offer that module replacement at no cost to you, I would take them up on it. It may be a newer version used in the next year models.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aside from the con (preferring your xc90 vs the GLC loaner), if the dealer plans to offer that module replacement at no cost to you, I would take them up on it. It may be a newer version used in the next year models.
Yup, it's covered under warranty

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts