SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some direction here. Recently purchased an 05 SR Auto that is not running. Comes back with ECM-710B and CEM-6C48 codes that indicate an immobilizer communication signal is missing and a transponder type faulty signal.

Looking into the immobilizer section in vida 2014d, cem lists 0 keys programmed. This differs from my other s60s as they list at least 1 key is programmed and they don't prevent start.

So I'm considering purchasing subscription to vida as well as a new key and remote for the purpose of trying to program at least one key into the cem. I don't suppose this will solve the immobilizer communication signal missing message between the ECM and cem though. I'm worried that I will shell money out for vida, software reloads, and a new key only to find out that my ecm and cem somehow will not handshake.

Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah been there, read that several times, but it's not helping me. I don't usually post on forums because I usually find a solution from others experiences, not in this case though. That guy posted that he did a CEM reload and it didn't solve his issue. This isn't a question that just anyone will be able to answer, but will require someone who's been through this type of problem before or has serious knowledge of the immobilizer system. I've written a "contact" inquiry to xemodex about this as the sales guy couldn't really answer my technical questions over the phone. He was well-versed in the prices of the services they do offer, however.

I guess I'm wondering if the immobilizer software is part of the software you could buy and reload from VIDA onto the CEM and ECM. from what i've read so far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Another parameter I read from the VIDA immobilizer section reads:

CEM-Immobilizer, engine control module: "Wrong Status"

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
05s were prone to CEM failure. I’d take a look at the CEM itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts