SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering has anyone done it on the XC90?? Thinking of doing it for mine =)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Haven't seen this done on P2 model of Volvo's before due to the tight electronics integration.
If you'ld like to explore on this project, checkout the high quality "Pivot Engine Starter" accesories as a start.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't seen this done on P2 model of Volvo's before due to the tight electronics integration.
If you'ld like to explore on this project, checkout the high quality "Pivot Engine Starter" accesories as a start.
Can you please provide the link to the "pivot engine starter"?? thanks.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
On our 2006 you just flip the key to the start position and let go of the key. It then starts the
engine. So a switch seems like it would almost be the same thing and easy to fit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
On our 2006 you just flip the key to the start position and let go of the key. It then starts the
engine. So a switch seems like it would almost be the same thing and easy to fit.
My 06 V8 starts that wat as well....is that just a V8 thing, or is that for all the engine choices?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks like 05 & 06 V8 has push start buttons.... Maybe you can get the original 05/06 V8 start button and figure out the electronics to have it installed.... yes it may void your warranty

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like 05 & 06 V8 has push start buttons.... Maybe you can get the original 05/06 V8 start button and figure out the electronics to have it installed.... yes it may void your warranty
One of my local mechanics told me he can do it....but DAMN, yes, you are right it will VOID the warranty, that's something that I am reluctant to do =( (not worth it just for a fancy gadget). I guess will have to wait till my warranty run out...(hopefully I still keep the car).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts