SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a "previously enjoyed" ipd ECU and the difference it makes in my 854T is remarkable. A kitten around town until you mash the gas... and then you'd better have clear road ahead! I won't be needing more power... for a while anyway.<P>So, I've noticed that I get a strange flatspot, or hesitation around 110mph under full throttle. I haven't pushed the car past 120 since the upgrade. Is this normal to have a hesitation at certain spots? Is this what some people call overboost? I have no idea if anyone messed w/ the wastegate rod (is that what it's called), which I've read will give you boosting issues after the ipd upgrade. I'm sure it could be a symptom of some other issue though. Insight would be greatly appreciated.<P>thx,<P>

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just have the OEM gauge, and it's basically pegged, or around 90% of the gauge. But, that's where I get the miss. I actually notice it at lower speeds when the car's on full song. Maybe it's a fuel issue, running thise oxygenated fuel that they do here in the winter.<BR><P>

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmm, without knowing the PSI, this is just a guess, but your original thought about the wastegate being turned up too high might be an issue. I know there's someone on the board that give you an idea of what you should look for to make sure the rod is in it's original position. In the mean time, you may want to turn it down a half or full turn and see what difference it makes. <P>Just a thought...<P>

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matt. I'll have to figure out how to turn the rod. There's tons of info on how to do that. Is it time consuming to remove the heat shield and such to get down to that rod? Obviously, I've never tried that.<P>thx again,<BR><P>

·
Registered
93 Posts
It takes no time at all.. losen the 4 bolts and pull it out....then take out the pin...pull the arm off and twist the end....and put everything back together....<P>Pete

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey man, try <A HREF="http://www.easternaerospace.com/automotive/tips&tricks/boost-wastegate/" TARGET=_blank>this</A> link. It will go step by step through the process. Like mrmandmman said, it isn't that time consuming at all.<P>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts