SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer to use the key tag because of its size but I'm having some trouble lock and unlock the doors. With the standard remote key I can lock/unlock at first try; with the key tag, I often need to make a few attempts before the doors lock/unlock.
Anyone experiencing this problem? Does the key tag have less transmitting range or easily interfered by other electronics?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I prefer to use the key tag because of its size but I'm having some trouble lock and unlock the doors. With the standard remote key I can lock/unlock at first try; with the key tag, I often need to make a few attempts before the doors lock/unlock.
Anyone experiencing this problem? Does the key tag have less transmitting range or easily interfered by other electronics?
I assume the key tag has a less powerful transponder. It's not really meant to be used regularly, only when you need a waterproof key.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm using the key tag also daily. The normal tag is more or less a 'brick' wrapped in leather ;-)

I don't experience the tag has a lower transmission range. It works reliable.

·
Registered
496 Posts
From the manual:

Button-less key (Key Tag)
For cars equipped with keyless locking/unlocking*, a slightly smaller, lighter and button-less key (Key Tag) is supplied. It works the same way as the normal remote control key when it comes to keyless starting and locking/unlocking. It has no detachable key blade and the battery cannot be replaced. A new key tag can be ordered from an authorised Volvo workshop.

·
Registered
147 Posts
From the manual:

Button-less key (Key Tag)
For cars equipped with keyless locking/unlocking*, a slightly smaller, lighter and button-less key (Key Tag) is supplied. It works the same way as the normal remote control key when it comes to keyless starting and locking/unlocking. It has no detachable key blade and the battery cannot be replaced. A new key tag can be ordered from an authorised Volvo workshop.
That last part sucks considering my sales guy told me it was $400 bucks!!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts