SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,<p>I left my V70R sitting for 2.5 hours after driving to my hoops game. When I started it, it would start up fine and then act as if it wasn't getting fuel, it would just peter out. After I revved it for a while it worked fine. I noticed driving home that when I got close to boost maybe from -2 or so on my new IPD boost gauge that there was a hissing. I was still on occasion able to get to 10 psi (I can't really romp on it on in Arlington) now I am thinking I have a leak at the gauge or in the hose leading to the gauge. However, it doesn't seem to be leaking vacuum.<p>Also I haven't noticed a striking change in MPG since the dealer replaced the cat. I'm wondering if something is causing the engine to run rich which could have over a period damaged the cat.<p>Thanks for any suggestions.<p> Noah

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: Stalling and hissing (nbwallace)

I would pull the hose from the gauge and plug it and see if the car ran properly first.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Stalling and hissing (Johnr352)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Johnr352</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would pull the hose from the gauge and plug it and see if the car ran properly first. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Stalling and hissing (Needsdecaf)

I checked and it isn't the gauge. It sounds like it's coming from the area where the turbo/wastgate/OTE pipe stuff is. Could the OTE pipe connection be loose. That clamp the last time a reassembled it it seemed that the clamp at the turbo side wasn't really doing much.<p> Noah

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: Stalling and hissing (nbwallace)

This is a VERY important clamp... Assuming you are talking about the clamp between the OTE and the intake... You probably know this but the OTE should fit tightly into the short pipe and the clamp should be even around the rubber. The OTE pipe has an edge to it and the hose should be snug up against that edge. <p>I might undo that clamp, undo the two torx holding the OTE onto the engine and wiggle the OTE completely loose from the intake tube (by the turbo. Make sure the rubber isn't split or damaged, make sure the clamp is ok, and then reinsert the OTE snugly, then retighten the clamp, good and tight. Then let's see if that's the problem. Might visually inspect the other end of the OTE too, as it is pretty easy to tell if it is snug or not.<p>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Stalling and hissing (Johnr352)

There's a bit of play there. The motor's too hot to play with adjust it now.<p>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out I don't know how to attach the OTE pipe. I'll have to look at i more closely the next time I take it off.<p>It got towed to the dealer. Thankfully CPO meant my being a moron didn't cost me anything.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: (nbwallace)

Good news, turns out I pay the stupid tax regularly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts