SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2017 Volvo XC 90 a couple weeks ago and the dealership never cleaned the carpet before delivering the vehicle. I have since taken the vehicle back to them for a cleaning and the stains have returned. They have also picked up the vehicle from my office to deep clean it and the stains have returned again. Now the sales manager is looking into replacing the carpet but frankly I’m worried about squeaks and rattles after such a task.

Anyone else experienced this kind of issue?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Including your picture to make it easier for others:

Is it in black and white? It is hard to make any stains in that picture

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not a black and white pic.

The white stains around the gas pedal and around the perimiter of the floor mat area are the affected area

·
Registered
685 Posts
Looks like Midwest salt. They should be able to get most if it out.

If it doesn’t work out you could always return it and buy mine. No stains.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
I wouldn't worry about squeaks and rattles from the carpet being removed, cleaned, and put back. That's salt, as was indicated, and needs a fair amount of water to dilute and remove properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Exactly, why would you be worried? Its a Volvo dealer that warrants their work. IMO, that's a great idea.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Exactly, why would you be worried? Its a Volvo dealer that warrants their work. IMO, that's a great idea.
Just because it’s a Volvo dealer doesn’t mean they don’t make mistakes. I keep my cars away from other peoples hands as much as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts