1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Don't see how you can go wrong. Stamped DOT with the correct bumpers & fittings. You don't usually find all 3 in aftermarket lines. Great price to boot.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like they have aluminum fittings but I can't really tell...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TG, just ordered a set :thumbup:
Whoa man I don't even know if this tiny online store is still running! I typically look into it before ordering anything. Let us know if all goes through! I'm interested but I would typically be more careful about online orders.
Doing some fast research it looks like some guy on SS was closing this store in 2011 but he may have kept it open until he sold out. Maybe he changed his mind.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...d-Motorware-Closing-the-Doors.-Clearance-Sale.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Whoa man I don't even know if this tiny online store is still running! I typically look into it before ordering anything. Let us know if all goes through! I'm interested but I would typically be more careful about online orders.
Doing some fast research it looks like some guy on SS was closing this store in 2011 but he may have kept it open until he sold out. Maybe he changed his mind.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...d-Motorware-Closing-the-Doors.-Clearance-Sale.
Thanks for the heads up and letting me know about Takspeed issues. I will see how it goes and let everyone know if it works out. I used PayPal so i can always dispute it. My invoice says it should arrive in 6-10 business days to my door. Hopefully it works out.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and letting me know about Takspeed issues. I will see how it goes and let everyone know if it works out. I used PayPal so i can always dispute it. My invoice says it should arrive in 6-10 business days to my door. Hopefully it works out.
Lets Us Know - If those have Se-vial ( Spinners ) Ends for Easier - Install and Future Work ?

Also other Very Good Location for Rotor Prices :

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=exalrmyshzjygr55ozrlqo55&[email protected]&[email protected] T5 AWD

·
Registered
230 Posts
Package has shipped. Just got my tracking number. I am a fan of miller motoring, but brake lines at $140 seems high especially when compared to $50

·
Registered
555 Posts
+1 and they're colorful! Curious as to how much these will help with stock brakes though. I guess anything is an improvement.
They helped quite a bit on my Rodeo with stock brakes. Much firmer pedal. I would think it should be the same on a Volvo.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Dam,

I contacted vizwiz last night and bam, cpeba, you must have snatched the last one... So for me it's ironically funny since I'm the one that asked, does the research, and let you buy it so now I'm out of the deal :facepalm:

That's alright though, I won't hold a grudge since you took the chance faster than I ;)

And I agree with Miller motoring, $150 considering the deal I missed is hard to swallow now:p

Okay, so now someone better give me some love and answer the original question! ;)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump!

http://www.vivaperformance.com/stainless-steel-brake-line-kit-s40-v50-c30-c70-fwd/
the price isn't bad but I like the cover to protect the SS line from dirt.

http://www.elevatecars.com/s40-2nd-gen/brakes/elevate-volvo-s40n-braided-stainless-steel-brake-lines
same thing, more expensive, why bother

Any other options known?
I do like the rubber grommets :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
In my opinion stock brake lines are fine. As long as you are not seriously racing your car I really don't see any need to use SS lines. Do you guys really think that SS lines will give you improved "braking modulation" over stock lines? :D

P.S. I do understand going for SS lines if your car is more then 7 years old as stock lines might have become a little flexible, but before that.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Ones I got from, Don

Ones I got from, Don have spinners , so much easier to Install , some don't and have to rotate
the Caliper 7-9 times to install and then the Lines get Twist Tension in them .

I say Viva's are Very Good , just make sure they have Spinners .

Also sure seems He's give ya a ; Rain check on Brake Line Sale . :beer:

Think I'll get some of those Moose Stickers thou ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Ones I got from, Don have spinners , so much easier to Install , some don't and have to rotate
the Caliper 7-9 times to install and then the Lines get Twist Tension in them .

I say Viva's are Very Good , just make sure they have Spinners .

Also sure seems He's give ya a ; Rain check on Brake Line Sale . :beer:

Think I'll get some of those Moose Stickers thou ! :thumbup:
Why don't you install K16 turbo that you purchased instead of joking with SS lines? ;)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
P.S. I do understand going for SS lines if your car is more then 7 years old as stock lines might have become a little flexible, but before that.. :rolleyes:
I partially agree with you though from what I understand it does provide a more linear feel. Some would disagree with you saying that in emergency braking that few split second to pressurize the line could make a difference. But overall I would agree it's not going to make a real difference.
Anyway my car is past 7yrs old so I could be up there to change the lines anyway :D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I partially agree with you though from what I understand it does provide a more linear feel. Some would disagree with you saying that in emergency braking that few split second to pressurize the line could make a difference. But overall I would agree it's not going to make a real difference.
Anyway my car is past 7yrs old so I could be up there to change the lines anyway :D
Do you really think that stock lines expand because of pressure so much that you can feel it on the pedal? Or that your braking action is delayed because of that expansion? Come on.. :D

Race brakes work on larger pressure so that's why they need SS lines but stock brakes are more then fine with stock lines.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm not the exactly the most race proficient (sp?) driver but on my last car, I did just the fronts and I gained a much better pedal feel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts