SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took mine S60R to the diller.Ask them to install stainless steel brake lines they gave me a price of $300 bucks.And they told me that it will not make any differents.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
will not make a difference for daily driving and may not feel any difference. They have to bleed the lines too. 300 bucks sound about right to me.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
will not make a difference for daily driving and may not feel any difference. They have to bleed the lines too. 300 bucks sound about right to me.

That is insane.... 4 hours to install them..If I thought they would make a difference (I don't) I'd install them myself and buy a power bleeder to bleed them...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (cschmelz)

It takes about 2 hours +, the rears are a bit tough and you DO have to rebleed.
You won't notice anything different with street driving
(unless you drive like Mario Andretti at every stop)

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
It takes about 2 hours +, the rears are a bit tough and you DO have to rebleed.
You won't notice anything different with street driving
(unless you drive like Mario Andretti at every stop)

I had been complaining to my dealer about squishy brake feel for a while, so he installed my SS ones under warranty.

Took care of squishy brake feel I'd get after driving on autobahn for a few miles. I definitely noticed in everyday driving, but I'm assuming there was something wrong with my brakes.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

I had been complaining to my dealer about squishy brake feel for a while, so he installed my SS ones under warranty.

Man, that's better tha the crap even I pull with them

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts

I avoid the dealer like he has an STD. Maybe I should go for this but I already have SS brake lines. Maybe I shoud try harder with them

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

Man, that's better tha the crap even I pull with them

It was actually his idea, like I said, I have been complaining about squishy initial break feel when driving on autobahn for over a year, not that big of a deal, just had to pump them once. Also, I have brought that dealership about 15 new customers who drive 10 extra miles or so to go to that dealer. They have installed all of my mods, and they sponsor the R Gang as well, so great relationship. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

It was actually his idea, like I said, I have been complaining about squishy initial break feel when driving on autobahn for over a year, not that big of a deal, just had to pump them once. Also, I have brought that dealership about 15 new customers who drive 10 extra miles or so to go to that dealer. They have installed all of my mods, and they sponsor the R Gang as well, so great relationship. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

It's amazing what a great relationship with dealers can do.

I have a co-worker who has a Hummer wagon (the real Hummer) and drives it to all kinds of meets. He has a dealer about 2 hours away that he goes to and they do everything for him under warranty. It's insane, actually. He ripped off a mirror when his daughter was saying "no dad, we have a couple of more inches until we hit the tree" and the dealer fixed it under warranty.

There are more stories too.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts