SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is a beautiful set of staggered iForged Equip wheels that I had custom made for my car. They are in absolutely perfect condition and have seen perhaps 150 km's of use before I dismounted the Falkens I had them shod with. As far as I know, these are the only 5x108 iForged Equips that exist in staggered configuration with a medium/dark gold pearlescent finish on the faces.

Here are the specs:
5x108 bolt pattern
67.1mm center bore, also have 65.1mm hubcentric rings to be included in the sale.
18x8 up front, 1" polished lips, medium/dark gold pearlescent faces, ET 43
18x9.5 rears, 3" polished lips, medium/dark gold pearlescent faces, ET 35

Priced to sell quick, my loss is your gain!

Contact me at 604-767-7251 or by email, [email protected].

Wheels are located in Vancouver, BC. But to save on shipping I would be willing to drive to the Peace Arch Crossing and meet with the buyer.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
hey i'm local. can i check them out in person? will the staggered config screw up the AWD?
The staggered setup will be fine with the AWD, provided the outer circumference of the front and rear tires is not substantially different, which means you will have to run a lower profile tire in the rear. With stock sized 235/40R18 tires up front, your best match would be 265/35R18 tires in the rear (only 0.4% difference in circumference between 235/40R18 and 265/35R18).

You may need to roll the fenders a little in the rear to get 9.5" wide et 35 wheels to fit.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The staggered setup will be fine with the AWD, provided the outer circumference of the front and rear wheels is not substantially different, which means you will have to run a lower profile tire in the rear. With stock sized 235/40R18 tires up front, your best match would be 265/35R18 tires in the rear (only 0.4% difference in circumference between 235/40R18 and 265/35R18).

You may need to roll the fenders a little in the rear to get 9.5" wide et 35 wheels to fit.
right, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The staggered setup will be fine with the AWD, provided the outer circumference of the front and rear tires is not substantially different, which means you will have to run a lower profile tire in the rear. With stock sized 235/40R18 tires up front, your best match would be 265/35R18 tires in the rear (only 0.4% difference in circumference between 235/40R18 and 265/35R18).

what about running 205/40/18 in front and 235/40/18 at the rear?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
what about running 205/40/18 in front and 235/40/18 at the rear?
With 205/40/18 front and 235/40/18 rear you would wind up with about 4% difference in circumference between the front and rear tires. If you went with a 205/45/18 tire in the front and a 235/40/18 tire in the rear you would only have a 0.5% difference, which would be better.

However, in either case you would have to deal with the "stretched" look that would come with putting a 235/40/18 tire on a 9.5" wide wheel. Some people love the stretched look and some people hate it. There are some photos in this thread from NASIOC showing what it would end up looking like: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1925200

·
Registered
414 Posts
With 205/40/18 front and 235/40/18 rear you would wind up with about 4% difference in circumference between the front and rear tires. If you went with a 205/45/18 tire in the front and a 235/40/18 tire in the rear you would only have a 0.5% difference, which would be better.

However, in either case you would have to deal with the "stretched" look that would come with putting a 235/40/18 tire on a 9.5" wide wheel. Some people love the stretched look and some people hate it. There are some photos in this thread from NASIOC showing what it would end up looking like: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1925200
awesome! thanks again. hey, i was a nasioc member before myself.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
painting the spokes black first
What color is your car? Because the gold centers are a bit more unique than the standard black center that a lot of these 2 and 3 piece wheels end up with.No point in ruining the the gold centers when they are in such pristine condition, IMO. It's your car, but I'd say run them as they are for a while and see how the color looks, and then if you really don't like the color plastidip the centers black so you can reverse back to gold if you don't like them as much. If you end up loving the black centers after all that you could get them done more permanently via paint or powder coat.

Whatever you do, good luck and enjoy your ride. :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
everyone knows about plasti-dipping these days huh! haha. that was what i had in mind so that i don't ruin the nice gold paint.

here's what it'll sort of look like. i think it'll look better in black.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts