SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
R owners- Our main stage III thread is under the "Ask IPD" section of this site. I know a lot of you were curious about our new supporting products for our larger turbocharger. We now have the Charge Air "OTE" pipe and Turbo Inlets for R models. I got our first shipment for final quality check and instructions. Our main shipment will be here in 4-5 days. This is a quick update I posted below. Once I finish the instructions, I will put all this on the site ready for sale.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Friday!

Volvo enthusiasts-

Here's a quick video showing you our new Charge Air OTE pipe and new Turbo Inlet. I'm in the process of finishing installation video and instructions. Everything will be on the site shortly! Nothing is on the site yet. Once the instructions are finished I'll make sure and post on our site, and then post here in this section. We just got our shipment in of our supporting pieces for our larger turbo.

As of right now we don't have our turbocharger (more information coming soon related to the turbo) but the pieces that will be supporting it are finalized! We have our Charge Air Pipe that routes over the engine. This will fit 5 Cylinder Non R vehicles as well! This pipe has a boss in it for external diverter valve if and when you upgrade to our turbocharger. We also have block off plates coming for the K24 and Mitsubishi turbochargers for people that want to run a external diverter valve. You can either install your own diverter, or upgrade to our new "OVERKILL" version.

We have Turbo Inlets ready for R vehicles ready once instructions are done. This also incorporates the port for External Diverter Valve. If you don't want to run an external diverter, these all have plugs that cap off the ports. We are in the process of creating turbo inlets for Non R vehicles so they can run the OTE and Turbo inlet together along with external diverter valve if you choose. ALL SORTS OF OPTIONS.

The main thing is all these components support the Stage III upgrade kit. Check out this quick video of the product finished. We're in the process of installing on our own project car and finalizing instructions. These silicone pieces are better than anything you've seen! They're completely wire reinforced. That means it has a piece of wire that runs throughout the length of the silicone. THERE"S NOTHING THAT WILL COMPARE TO THIS SILICONE IN THE MARKET!!!!!! FOR ANYONE THAT HAS ALREADY SEEN THIS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN ON THE QUALITY OF THIS PRODUCT!

More information coming. I have to get back out in the shop to finish instructions and get them up on the site for you!

Chris

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
One question.

Is that pipe including part of the hot side for the intercooler? It doesn't stop where the old ote pipe did?

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dougy- Thank you for answering that question. You are correct! It goes all the way from the compressor cover to the intercooler "Two Clamps"

I'll be posting pricing up shortly. Should have a final price by Monday. Just know we're keeping you guys in mind. There's nothing else like this in the market I promise. Stay Tuned!!!!! Once I get figures, I'll put them up right away!

Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I noticed this also. The black pipe does not look to have such a "crushed" look at that point in the pipe.

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed this also. The black pipe does not look to have such a "crushed" look at that point in the pipe.
There are no crushed portions throughout our Charge Air Pipe "OTE" It's consistent. Anyone who looks at the factory pipe and how far it necks down in certain points, will appreciate this new pipe. 2006- R owners will appreciate not worrying about mounting tabs breaking off or splitting plastic molded pipes!

C

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I deleted my post as I felt that I had no real say in it... since I have a FMIC, I won't be getting your kit, and my comments should be kept accordingly. :)

Glad to see the stage III coming to life again!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I can see this kit working with my FMIC setup very easily. And I agree this CAP looks great compared to stock. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
919 Posts
So that's great that it goes right to the IC (I will also have to make it work with my fmic) but will this be sufficiently flexible to enable me to bend it back over the front of the car if I remove it from the compressor outlet for maintenance reasns?

Reason I'm asking is I have the gsxtodd fmic and its a real pain to get the coupler to the ote pipe on as it is, I don't want to have to remove the IC portion if at all possible!

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So that's great that it goes right to the IC (I will also have to make it work with my fmic) but will this be sufficiently flexible to enable me to bend it back over the front of the car if I remove it from the compressor outlet for maintenance reasns?

Reason I'm asking is I have the gsxtodd fmic and its a real pain to get the coupler to the ote pipe on as it is, I don't want to have to remove the IC portion if at all possible!
Great question- It does have enough flexibility to bend it out of the way. I believe anyone with a FMIC will be able to cut, or create an adapter to make it fit with their set up. The wonderful world of silicone!

C

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That was the prototype. But I am sure they will make it in both blue and black

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
They mentioned awhile back of both blue and black regardless lol
Yeah. Lol. A cool idea would be to make them available in all the exterior colors the R came in. Then it would match somewhat. But im sure ions would just change his to neon green if he already hasn't. :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts