SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting close to paying my 05 R off and it's time to tinker some more. I currently have R Kelly mod w/custom intake, Snabb intake pipe, Phuzzy TCV, OBX cat-less turbo back exhaust and the Elevate/Autotech tune.

I want to make this car a true stage 3. What's needed to achieve this?

Also, Elevate says that my current tune will be fine if I add Viva turbo upgrade w/CBV, FMIC and water/methanol injection. Thoughts?

·
Registered
998 Posts
FMIC is definitely the first thing you need, then go with the larger turbo supporting components from there...

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
You're not going to reach stage three with factory turbo (ViVA or any hybrid setup should work, but the GT3071R has an internal wastegate if you want to go that route), you need FMIC, meth injection (with failsafe since the stage 3 tune will be tuned for the meth as well) are the few things off the top of my head.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so after receiving an email back from Dustin at Viva, I decided to do Viva upgraded turbo, CBV, FMIC and aqua mist. Now Elevate is telling me my tune I am already running will be fine for these upgrades, but that seems strange. They say they don't offer software for these upgrades because its not needed. Do I scrap the AutoTech and go RICA and if so is it possible to sell the Autotech handheld tuner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts