SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much difference between BSR stage 2 and 3 ? Maybe someone had stage 2 and upgraded to 3 ? I mean they promise so much for just a chip and few more hps with cat back so that would leave like 10 hp for 1000 euros.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Stage 2 -> 3 (gg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>gg</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there much difference between BSR stage 2 and 3 ? Maybe someone had stage 2 and upgraded to 3 ? I mean they promise so much for just a chip and few more hps with cat back so that would leave like 10 hp for 1000 euros.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Since they don't sell stage 2, I'm assuming you are referring to stage 1 with exhaust. I'm guessing the gain from stage 2 is minimal so that's why they skipped it. I'm guessing 6 HP. Oldman is the only person I know that went from a stage 1 to a stage 3. Maybe he can chime in. After the downpipe, it seems that it has a reached a point of diminishing return. It'll cost more to squeeze out that extra bit of HP. Once you go this high, every little bit adds up. It's up to you how high you want to go and how much you are willing to pay.<br>

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: Stage 2 -> 3 (volvoNB)

I lack a true 3" downpipe, other then that um can't see much change, the first 40 HP can be very strong to stage 1, my dyno and others are posted, but stage III dunno yet, it is very hot in Texas so turbo cars are all down on power, I'd wait to the fall for some dyno numbers. Also only V50_T5 has a true complete stage III setup: intake, chip, turbo back exhaust, I'd throw in spark plugs too.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Re: Stage 2 -> 3 (Oldman)

Scandinavian Car Tuning actually includes plugs in their stage 3. they don't have a north american importer and the bsr reputation seemed to be better at the time of purchase so I went with bsr. <br> not really sure about stage 2-3 since , I never had a stage 1, or 2 to begin with, but I'm sure the biggest gain is with the ppc itself. the advertised gains of say a bsr stage 1 to stage 3 being 20 hp are IMO believable. want a little more add a typhoon. but the biggest gain alone is the bsr ppc . <p>btw, any suggestions on spark plugs?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: Stage 2 -> 3 (V50_T5)

I have iridiums, I think they are nippon-denso, I know these are new and the older Volvos that I've have use a shorter? plug.<p><A HREF="http://sparkplugs.com/results_app.asp?productTypeID=1&AAIA=1431537" TARGET="_blank">http://sparkplugs.com/results_...31537</A><p>looks like sparkplugs.com only has NGKs. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Oldman at 9:12 AM 7-10-2006</i>

·
Registered
365 Posts
Lou -- re: dyno numbers if they are SAE corrected then it should be fine, yes?<p>Btw what is the total cost for the stage 3?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: (quick)

I don't believe in correcting turbo dyno numbers, but they are SAE CF=1.0 aka non corrected. The total cost for stage III is like um:<br>$900 BSR stage 1<br>$200 BSR stage 3 upgrade<br>$900 downpipe<br>$1200 back of the CAT back<br>$300 for the K&N Intake<br>$40 for iridium plugs<p>Toss in a set of good PZero Nero MS and a rear sway bar and go Honda hunting.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Re: (Oldman)

did a bunch of research on the bsr vs sct stage 3. sct allowed tax free sales to private parties where as bsr offered this only to it's importers engstrom, chicago and eurosport tuning canada . and sweden has a 25 % Value added tax. <p>eurosport tuning had a limited time offer for a stage 3 bsr ppc, with a "superior" Ferreta downpipe ( the cat is suppose to be much better and free flowing) vs what bsr offers a different 3" dp with other cat. plus , eurosports cat-back , which is a perfect fit and offers a pleasent tone without being loud and obnoxious. and they even threw in a free K+N filter(which I never used because I went with the typhoon system) all together a 60 hp gain and perhaps 10-14 more with the typhoon , but I got the stage 3 for $2580 and the typhoon for $320. don't think you'll get a stage 3 cheaper , but you might be able to save a few $$$ on the Typhoon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts