SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hit a pothole last week driving home, it was massive, both wheels on the driverside.
luckily no bent wheels or blown tires but ever since the front driver side strut clunks and bottoms out over the littlest bumps an imperfections on the road.

height is set so that there is 1" wheel gap on all 4 corners.
gonna call ST/KW for a replacement, 5 year warranty, but the type of coils i bought were for mazda3 and now i'm worried they wont accept.

anyway, i plan on calling them tomorrow, just wanted to share and see if anyone had any input as whether warranty replacement will be an issue. but will let y'all know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
i hit a pothole last week driving home, it was massive, both wheels on the driverside.
luckily no bent wheels or blown tires but ever since the front driver side strut clunks and bottoms out over the littlest bumps an imperfections on the road.

height is set so that there is 1" wheel gap on all 4 corners.
gonna call ST/KW for a replacement, 5 year warranty, but the type of coils i bought were for mazda3 and now i'm worried they wont accept.

anyway, i plan on calling them tomorrow, just wanted to share and see if anyone had any input as whether warranty replacement will be an issue. but will let y'all know how it goes.
I wouldn't mention that it's not on a Mazda...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Send the defective unit shipping prepaid along with the following documents:

• Return Material Authorization number or RMA#
• A copy of your original invoice
• A copy of the completed brand specific tech sheet
Copy of the Vehicle's Registration certificate
from the ST website, this might be harder than i thought...

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Have any friends with a Mazda?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Well shoot, they have to know its the same damn car. There isn't any reason that MS3 suspension can't be used on the same platform fwd P1. I would anonymously call and ask them if they are aware that the suspension can be used between models. If they say yes then send in the info and they should be cool. If not find a buddy with a registration for a Mazda lol. The name on the order to registration would throw a red flag too though.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welp. they said no
gonna have to order a new strut next paycheck
oh well, lesson learned, i gotta stop being so cheap :shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts