SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved from TX to IL and on the way i had to tow my SAAB 900 Convertible from Corpus to Dallas. I rented a U-Haul tow dolly and when these things are unloaded such as the 10 mile drive from the U-Haul place to my house it just about beat the car to death!!!! (I could feel every bump the tow dolly hit through the steering wheel). Well when i got home i unhooked and my wife went to the shops, she called me right ater she left telling me she had an SRS SYSTEM SERVICE URGENT message in the message window............. Well it has been there ever since, 2000 miles and a week later its not going away. Im wondering if that stupid tow dolly activated a rear crash sensor or confused the system somehow. Any ideas?? Going to try disconnecting the battery for a bit tomorrow, but ill be lucky!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a trip to the dealer is in order. Last I heard, you need vadis in order to reset the SRS light.

Welcome to Illinois. How's the transmission holding up?
I figured so much :/...... Trans is holding up great!! Pulled my other car to Dallas on that U-Haul tow dolly, (about 500 miles), with a car full of stuff and family and a roof box, and the tranny shifted as firly and smoothly as could be. I was actually quite happy i did the cooler upgrade as that I-35 is stop and start through most of the towns and citys on the way, and with an ambient outside temp of about 108 i think that trip may have killed my stock transmission!! Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts