SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after leatheriquing my seats last night, I had gotten Pristine clean all over the electronics on the bottom of the drivers seat (the front was hit pretty hard with cracks). I decided to unplug them, clean them, and hit them with some tuner cleaner for better contact.

Well, stupid me, I unplugged the airbag one as well and cleaned it. Now I have an SRS message. I'm almost certain that is what it is...

So what do you have to do in a Volvo to check it and then turn it off? I know in a BMW, I had to get a special reader.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I believe you have to go through vida dice to clear it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, anyone have one in the Harrisburg, PA area?

·
6,436 Posts
So after leatheriquing my seats last night, I had gotten Pristine clean all over the electronics on the bottom of the drivers seat (the front was hit pretty hard with cracks). I decided to unplug them, clean them, and hit them with some tuner cleaner for better contact.

Well, stupid me, I unplugged the airbag one as well and cleaned it. Now I have an SRS message. I'm almost certain that is what it is...

So what do you have to do in a Volvo to check it and then turn it off? I know in a BMW, I had to get a special reader.
If you have a softloader you can re-load your tune and it will erase that message

·
Registered
430 Posts
Damn, anyone have one in the Harrisburg, PA area?
If you can't find someone closer, I'll be in Reading on 11/4 and Kutztown 11/17-18.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That might work, but I'd like to get it done before that. I've got to get my safety inspection done, and I had been waiting on brake pads. Now I have to get this done too.

How much do you guys think a dealer would charge to just turn it off?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Depends on your dealer. Many have 1 hour minimum for VIDA use.
Indy shop with VIDA or Autologic can handle this too.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i can offer this to you Nappkin...

Paypal me $307 deposit
i send you my BSR PPC Diagnostic tool.
you use it to reset your light and what ever stuff you got.

You send me back my BSR PPC tool.

I refund you $300 when i get back my working tool i loaned you.

$7 should cover the shipping/paypal fees

I would rather NOT keep your $300 because this tool is more valueable to me than $300!!!!

PM me if this interests you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts