SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may already know I am building a track car out of an 06 S40 T5 AWD
The car was in an accident so the light is already on
Anyone know if the SRS light effects the performance of the car? Ill just put tape over the light if its not an issue.

Also can I remove the SRS System completely?

Tried to contact Volvo no luck

If anyone know any way i can clear the safety features out of the ECU

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You will need Vida to clear the SRS issues. Mynameideasweretaken can tell you how to fool the system to think the bags are still in.

I dont think srs deployment triggers a limp mode. Is the engine performance degraded?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
SRS should have zero performance effect. Tape works.

This ECU is definitely not hack friendly. You'll need to find other ways around whatever you are trying to achieve.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think he is removing all srs hardware to comply with lemons rules.

FYI, I think there is a steering wheel angle encoder that you must keep if you want EBFD to work. Also there is a yaw sensor in most of these cars toomKeep that instslled.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I think he is removing all srs hardware to comply with lemons rules.

FYI, I think there is a steering wheel angle encoder that you must keep if you want EBFD to work. Also there is a yaw sensor in most of these cars toomKeep that instslled.
So I had a myriad of SRS problems in the beginning - a front right impact sensor dead, steering column srs electroncis dead, drivers side belt tensioner sensor dead, nothing affected the performance of the car. I remember reading somewhere a while ago that the only thing the light does is not gaurantee that the system will perform as designed.

On a side note, you don't need a VIDA to do the work, AutoPhix makes a Volvo specific ODBII reader that packs all that VIDA into a small handheld device for $88 shipped. You can read every system and it's codes and clear them as well as well as view live, snapshot, and logged data.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Just from the pictures you posted, if you pull the seats, you get an SRS warning. It has no effect on performance at all, and considering your plans with the car, I would put tape over the light.

For a daily driver, you can wire in a resistor so that the car thinks the airbags are still there. You will not get an SRS warning, but you will get a brief SRS service message on the dash when you start the car.
To avoid any of that foolishness, I rewired my airbag to a different place in the car. It is bolted down securely and upon deployment, will not cause any harm to myself or my passengers.

(Yes, the power/memory works for forward/backward adjustment)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts