SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting B00D515 code on my 2010 xc70 I can read/reset it with an Autel MD808 reader. However this appears to be one of those generic Volvo max out your credit card codes. B00D515-Restraint system passenger disable general electrical failure circuit short to ground or open. Sooooo, that really narrows it down a lot. Sensors,belts,airbags? Need another hint? Anyone have this issue ? Also had the leaking sunroof/flooded passenger floorboard last year but the water level did not rise to the point of flooding the stereo module or the connector under the seat. I have already pulled the seat and carpet back out looking for any loose/corroded, connectors but there are just the one large seat connector and the ones to the stereo control module and there doesn't appear to be any problem with the connections. Also have pulled and checked all the connectors on the module in the front passenger foot well. (to right of cabin filter door)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FOUND The problem. Re-tracing what I did to dry out the carpets from the sun roof and windshield leaks, I found that the bezel that holds the overhead lights around the sunroof switches that covers the drive motor was loose. This bezel also has the warning lite for passenger airbag disabled display. Any part of the circuit that is open throws the airbag code. Now off to the shop to have the leaking windshield replaced before I have to dry it all out agian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts