SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have scoured the internet and this forum. Many, many, threads regarding the service message, and nearly all of them instruct to bring it to the dealer or use VIDA. Only one thread instructed that it can be cleared in VIDA by means of reading all codes and clearing them.

I cleared all of the codes, but the message is still present.

The message is a result of pulling the CCM while the key was in position II, with the negative terminal still connected on the battery, and even worse, connecting the battery back up while the CCM was disconnected.

Anyway, so here I am. It's all hooked back up, I cleared codes. Nothing is showing up in faults upon a re-scan, however, the message is still present.

Any direction on how to clear this message from someone that's done it themselves?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
On the fault screen where you clear the codes, there will be a "CLEAR SRS" button.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If you erased all faults in vida and none came back and only DIM is displaying the message you can try locking and unlocking doors and then starting the car. Some faults can stay hanging in the display for some reason

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried both suggestions, and they didn't solve the issue. I tried reading all and clearing all, again, numerous times. I selected the SRS module and erased srs. I erased all, did the engine off, run above 1500, off, on 20 sec, hit ok. I drove, parked, locked came back after my errand, still there.

I'm positive everything is hooked up, I know it's from power during a disconnected ccm, and key in position II.

This frustrates me.

Any other solutions aside from dealer? Again, no SRS fault exists, but the SRS - airbag service urgent message is on.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
What does vida actually say this issue is? Would help to know the code, perhaps you pulled out the passenger airbag wire connector while messing around in the dash.

Then again that's just a wild guess, so tell us what code is generating the fault.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What does vida actually say this issue is? Would help to know the code, perhaps you pulled out the passenger airbag wire connector while messing around in the dash.

Then again that's just a wild guess, so tell us what code is generating the fault.
You know i disconnected the hvac unit last week and when I put it back and turned the car on my light also came on

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

There's no codes at all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also I can take a look at your car with my Vida remotely.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you post a screen from Network tab in Vida?
Well, this is odd. For some reason, half of the computers are not responding. Tried updating both with engine running and without.

This is my only fault, generally ever. No clue what it means.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you post a screen from Network tab in Vida?
Well, this is odd. For some reason, half of the computers are not responding. Tried updating both with engine running and without.

This is my only fault, generally ever. No clue what it means.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The antenna ring is in the key ring/fob . Your key ring is not sending signal . Possible bad key fob

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The antenna ring fault is very common and usually not an issue. I have the fault happen on all my cars. Its the end piece on the ignition switch and has an antenna that picks up the key code to give drive authorization to the immobilizer. If you aren't having starting issues, I would ignore it for now. Appears part of your CANBUS is down. I recommend starting with a battery reset. Basically remove the ground cable from the battery and place the cable on the positive battery terminal so all the capacitors in all modules will drain. 2 minutes with battery cables connected like that should be ok. I was told at VOLVO school to have the key in position 2 while reconnecting negative battery cable so that all modules will power up in their correct order. Then try VIDA scan again to see what modules are communicating.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would try another DiCE from a friend if possible. I've seen this happen with clones that go bad for no reason.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For some reason, half of the computers are not responding.
The whole low speed CAN bus is not responding.

Based on my experience the issue can be:
1. Bad contact at the OBD socket.
2. Bad CEM.
3. Bad some relay on the CEM. Usually it is very hot.

If you can hear clicks when diagnostics tries to read modules. Usually clicks at communicating of every module at the low CAN bus.
That means 2 or 3 reason.
We already have changed several CEMs with behavior like this.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like you have a serious problem with the CEM or wiring. Have you reset your VIDA to make sure this is not a glitch on that end?
How do you reset VIDA?

With respect to the other posts. I don't think the key is at fault at all. No immobilization issues. The key is 4 years old, bought/programmed by the dealer. I've had that fault for longer than I've had DICE/VIDA (2 years).

Worst case, I'll try to locate someone else in the area with a DICE unit.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The whole low speed CAN bus is not responding.

Based on my experience the issue can be:
1. Bad contact at the OBD socket.
2. Bad CEM.
3. Bad some relay on the CEM. Usually it is very hot.

If you can hear clicks when diagnostics tries to read modules. Usually clicks at communicating of every module at the low CAN bus.
That means 2 or 3 reason.
We already have changed several CEMs with behavior like this.
Yeah, a bad CEM is on my suspect list... and my least favorite thought. It combines the pain of cost and removal difficulty into one. I'll check the contacts for starters.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think DiCE is ok because CEM is responding and it is using low speed CAN bus for diagnostics.
If there is bad contacts on the OBD in this case you also cannot be able to read VIN code of your vehicle.

So it is likely 2 or 3 issue from my previous post.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you haven't tried a battery reset, I would try that first. Then check all the relays and shunt connections in the CEM. I don't have access to a wiring diagram today but if someone can look at which relays in the CEM have CAN LOW implications that may lead you to the communication fault. I know CAN High terminal resisters are in ECM and BCM and you should have 120 ohm resistance on CANBUS, that you can check with a multimeter on the CANBUS pins in the OBDII connector.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts