SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend the other day slam the seat back and soon after the Pass Airbag off Service Urgent display popped up. Did some research on here and read it could be a loose connection under the seat. I fiddled with the connections, took them out and put them back only to find the display now reads SRS Airbag Service Urgent! I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. I really would like to avoid going to the dealer. I read it could be $1800 fix.

Any ideas or suggestions? Does this mean I no longer have airbags at all? That worries me as I drive 100 miles/day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

05 2.4i.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
+1 just do a reset.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I just messed around with some intake pipes and disconnected a sensor in the process. I forgot to put it back on before starting the car and I now have the same error message even though it has been reconnected. I was thinking that a reset (pull a battery cable) would be the solution too, though I have not yet done it yet.

EDIT: I was assuming that when you guys say reset, you mean to just pull a battery cable (or even better, just unplug the ECU)? Or is that an actual action that can be done by us/dealer?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I believe that Volvo Service has to reset SRS codes.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yep, you need one of those diagnostic readers to reset SRS - MAY be able to do it with one of those swanky OBDII SRS readers, not sure though.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Generally requires VIDA to reset a SRS light unless you got a top tier scanner by chance. Maybe if you ask a tech nicely he will clear it real quick for free.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! Thanks everyone! I tried a battery reset and message came back as soon as the car was started. I'll see if I can get to the dealer today.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Awesome! Thanks everyone! I tried a battery reset and message came back as soon as the car was started. I'll see if I can get to the dealer today.
Lol same here, unplugged it while I did some exhaust work, came right back on.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
... the display now reads SRS Airbag Service Urgent!
Remember, the seat has an integrated side airbag. Sounds like it lost contact with the mothership and wants Mommy Volvo to say everything's ok. However, yes, your entire airbag system is now compromised and you should take it in pronto. They won't charge you $1800, don't worry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts