SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This error just popped up. Nothing else seems to be wrong with the car and I have not disconnected or tampered with anything.

Any ideas on things I should check? Dying battery?

I hope it is not the DIM module. If I have to pay $1500 for a new module this car will be getting sold.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I would try resetting the code and seeing if it comes back. Anyone with VIDA can do this for you. Try to find a local member, otherwise a dealer will charge you, usually around $60 from what I have seen.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that doesnt help much.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My question was not that vague. Your answer was.

I was hoping someone would point out some common causes of the error and not just tell me "it could be lots of things". I already know that. Why would you reply to a post when you have nothing to say?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello Poondobber. Had the same thing happen on my 2012 S60. Message came on, no apparant other issues. Next re start of car, the message was gone. Went to dealer, and it "threw a code" which just stated that the message was sent. Dealer said " lets see if it happens again". In the mean time, it is documented. Appears to be a "glitch". Hasn't happened again. We shall see.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello again poondobber. I was at my local dealer today, and spoke with the shop foreman. Volvo just issued (April 23, 2012) a remedy for this "false code". Now keep in mind, this was directed towards my car which is a 2012 S60t5, so I don't know if it would apply to yours. In any event, here is the information: CVM=S/N=31275337. This applies to the SRS-U043300 "invalid data". (SRS is Suplemental Restraint System) While this might not apply directly to your car, it might lead to a solution for you. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. As soon as I get a chance I will take it in and have scanned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts