SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today I purchased the Eibach LS today. My friend mentioned that i'll need the IPD camber adjustment bushings. Is this true?

Also do the IPD LS need that kit too? I don't see any mention of it anywhere.

Finally, should I have gone with IPD LS instead of Eibach now that they're the same price?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
You may need the camber kit, you may not. Wait until you see what the camber is a few weeks after the springs are installed before spending the money

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I have -2.5 degrees of camber in the rear with the eibachs springs installed. Have never had tire wear issues. Just make sure you don't buy junk tires.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i'll hold off and install them and watch how they seat in. $160 is a little too much for bushings. Also quick question, should I get new dust boots for my new struts/shocks?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Like others mentioned I'd see what the alignment looks like before installing the camber bushings. Even with up to 2 degrees negative camber you can still be fine if you can get the toe close to 0.

So today I purchased the Eibach LS today. My friend mentioned that i'll need the IPD camber adjustment bushings. Is this true?

Also do the IPD LS need that kit too? I don't see any mention of it anywhere.

Finally, should I have gone with IPD LS instead of Eibach now that they're the same price?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'd say no one the camber bushing but yes to the IPD adjustable toe arms!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah. Adjustable toe arms are great. You can put the toe anywhere you want... no more hearing, "Sorry your toe is out of spec and can't be adjusted."

I'd say no one the camber bushing but yes to the IPD adjustable toe arms!

·
2,521 Posts
I have -2 something and it's alright. I do rub like hell though! Melted the plastic

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have -2 something and it's alright. I do rub like hell though! Melted the plastic

Yeah saw your post on FB today. I'm going to need new tires soon. What are good tires that have that stretch look and have the lip that goes over the wheel?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
2,521 Posts
Yeah saw your post on FB today. I'm going to need new tires soon. What are good tires that have that stretch look and have the lip that goes over the wheel?

Something with less sh*t on the sidewall. I was thinking of going with Hankook Ventus V12 as they have a somewhat clearer sidewall. Michelin Super Sports are the best tho ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Eibach springs are better than the iPd onces, Ive ridden in two SRs with both setups, the iPD springs feel more bouncy

and no you dont need the rear camber bushings. get adjustable toe rods instead, the rear toe WILL be off after you lower the car.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eibach springs are better than the iPd onces, Ive ridden in two SRs with both setups, the iPD springs feel more bouncy

and no you dont need the rear camber bushings. get adjustable toe rods instead, the rear toe WILL be off after you lower the car.
Ok thanks..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts