SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i just got my 04 S60R, i changed the brake pads on it right away and, i bought advanced auto parts brakes. they were the best ones they have " Blistex Brand" and they still squeked. when i had some work done on my Volvo at the dealer, i asked a mechanic about that and i recall him saying something like putting some kind of copper rings or plates, not sure, on. does anyone know anything about this because i am about to get new pads and rotors, but don't want to have the same problem...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: squeky brakes (drey88)

Volvos tend to be fussy about which pads are used. In general, pads from mass merchandisers like Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc. don't do well. IPD is always a good source for recommended options. Forums like this are another.

While my Volvo is > 10 years old, I and others have had good luck with Akebono ceramic pads. Numerous other options exist. The OEM pads tend to be very good, but dusty.

I would consider replacing the pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.