SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i just got my 04 S60R, i changed the brake pads on it right away and, i bought advanced auto parts brakes. they were the best ones they have " Blistex Brand" and they still squeked. when i had some work done on my Volvo at the dealer, i asked a mechanic about that and i recall him saying something like putting some kind of copper rings or plates, not sure, on. does anyone know anything about this because i am about to get new pads and rotors, but don't want to have the same problem...<br>

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Re: squeky brakes (drey88)

Good pads will come with shims. It is best to use Volvo pads and then apply massive amounts of anti squeal lube grease to the back of the pads and everywhere possible

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: squeky brakes (drey88)

Volvos tend to be fussy about which pads are used. In general, pads from mass merchandisers like Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc. don't do well. IPD is always a good source for recommended options. Forums like this are another. <p>While my Volvo is > 10 years old, I and others have had good luck with Akebono ceramic pads. Numerous other options exist. The OEM pads tend to be very good, but dusty.<p>I would consider replacing the pads.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: squeky brakes (Helmut Ranff)

thanks for the tip ill be sure to check into it when i get my pads

1 - 4 of 4 Posts