SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just looking for some help diagnosing my issue. Changed my rotors to slotted and drilled from R1 and pads to Stoptechs. Also added wheel spacers. Initial pad bite is down and the front right has a squeak that is only noticeable under light pedal pressure.

Have not removed wheel to take a look, but was wondering what folks thought. Vibrates under heavy braking as well...

·
Registered
386 Posts
did you grease the back of the pads. any time i ever see someone with sqeaky pads, it's because they didnt get 100% coverage of grease on the back of the pads.

Next culprit would be the bed in process.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
You could just need new hardware. Try taking the pads out and sanding the pins smooth. If that fixes it temporarily then you know it's hardware. The backs of the pads should have anti squeal stuff on them to start. I put the hard brake titanium shims in and that helped a little. The OEM hardware is expensive, so I am waiting for a deal.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had luck with grease. But only after I used brake parts cleaner and cleaned everything around the pads, caliper and hub. The first time I greased it stopped for a day or two and then came back. Cleaning was the key.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone....will check it out this weekend.

Bed in process was completed as instructed.....just concerned with lack of initial pedal feel.

·
Registered
386 Posts
just concerned with lack of initial pedal feel.
When I did mine this spring, pedal feal didnt get to what i would cal "normal" untill a good 500 miles after the initial bed in process was completed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I did mine this spring, pedal feal didnt get to what i would cal "normal" untill a good 500 miles after the initial bed in process was completed.
thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts