SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the 93 classic the owner said they thought the AC did not work.I drove it a couple yrs not even checking it .Last summer I recharged it out of curiosity and I have great cold AC.However when I run I get a loud squealing sound for a while until the car warms up.All my conti belts are only 3 yrs old and look great. This only happens when I have AC on.If I shift to 4th or 5th or just depress the clutch it goes away but comes back every now and then when the AC compressor goes to work.Is there a way to eliminate this problem (a lubricant perhaps?) or is this due to the age of the compressor.I am amazed however how cool my AC is for an old car!:cool:

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
When I bought the 93 classic the owner said they thought the AC did not work.I drove it a couple yrs not even checking it .Last summer I recharged it out of curiosity and I have great cold AC.However when I run I get a loud squealing sound for a while until the car warms up.All my conti belts are only 3 yrs old and look great. This only happens when I have AC on.If I shift to 4th or 5th or just depress the clutch it goes away but comes back every now and then when the AC compressor goes to work.Is there a way to eliminate this problem (a lubricant perhaps?) or is this due to the age of the compressor.I am amazed however how cool my AC is for an old car!:cool:
The AC system is over-charged.

George Dill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts